Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can PAC'S lead to AFIB???

Posted by njb 
njb
Can PAC'S lead to AFIB???
October 21, 2003 09:18AM
Hi All;

Just spoke to EP doc's assistant from Cleveland Clinic. They said everyone has PAC's and denied that they could lead to AFIB.

Anyone have info to the contrary?

Also, my regular EP said tachycardia is any rate over 100.

Pacer lab at Clinic said over 120.

What do you know?

Thanks, njb
John
Re: Can PAC'S lead to AFIB???
October 21, 2003 01:32PM
NJ-PACS or PVCs or something seem to precede my afib pretty much 100% of the time. I am not sure if they are caused by the propafenone, or by the condition that causes afib or something else, but there is a correlation.
njb
October 21, 2003 01:43PM
Thanks, John. I'm going to see if I can find out more. I'm pretty sure a good authority once told me that PACS can lead to Afib.
J. Pisano
October 21, 2003 02:04PM
If PAC's usually lead to afib, the whole world would probably be in afib....maybe they are and just don't know! Anyway I think I read that this happens only after awhile and 5% of the time..... Check out the link below it may help.

[www.medhelp.org]
njb
October 22, 2003 03:57AM
Thanks, J. Pisano
njb
Hans Larsen
October 22, 2003 04:07AM
njb

Most afib episodes are intiated by a series of PACs originating from the junction of the pulmonary veins and the left atrium.

Hans
J. Pisano
October 22, 2003 04:55AM
Hans,
You said that since you started taking copper, your SVTs or PACs were down.... how is that coming?

Joe
Hans Larsen
October 22, 2003 06:29AM
Joe,

It is a little early to tell, but so far so good. The heart feels steadier and I have now gone 14 days without an episode.

Hans
October 22, 2003 07:52AM
Hans - that's good news. After reading all you've published on the conference room, I checked one of the supplements I take to balance glucose - it's like a multivitamin, and sure enough, copper is included. I was about ready to go out and buy copper...but I've been getting it for years.

I hope your success continues. Jackie
lorraine
October 22, 2003 11:12AM
Jackie - What supplement are you referring to that balances glucose and includes copper? I might try it.

Lorraine
njb
October 22, 2003 02:18PM
Hans,

Thanks for the enlightenment on PAC's and the atenolol issue!

njb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login