Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Polar S800 issue

Posted by Mark Robinson 
Mark Robinson
Polar S800 issue
January 06, 2008 03:11AM
1) if the battery is changed quickly enough when it is low, any files saved on the watch are not lost.

2) If you want to transfer all your files from one computer to another.

a) Locate the polar file on your c drive usually in program files and just copy it to disc.

b) Install original polar software disc to new pc.

c) delete the new original polar file from the c drive (again in program files)

d) copy your saved polar file from the old pc to exactly (obviously) the same place as the one you have deleted and everthing is sorted.

However there is a problem with VISTA. After step b above you need to download the patch from the polar web site. It then appears to work fine but when you exit the program the update is lost and the program does not work properly. You have to re-install the patch everytime you use the program. This actually isn't a massive hassle if you save the patch to your hard drive since it only takes a few seconds to upload.
The above occurs when you are logged in as a user with administrator rights. If you create a standard user account the patch it works fine everytime.

Hope the above makes sense it just took me ages to suss it out so wanted to share it to save anyone time in future

Mark

GeorgeN
Re: Polar S800 issue
January 06, 2008 04:22AM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info. I've not made the Vista plunge yet. I reposted the above to the current CR. Also, I made this comment on 2 c): {this step is optional & I'd do it AFTER I had the data up & running on the new computer}.

After mucking around on the Polar site <www.polar.fi>, I see you can purchase Polar ProTrainer 5 for $74 US, which is supported for Vista.

From the Polar site:

Polar Precision Performance software on Microsoft Windows Vista

Polar Precision Performance software is not supported for Microsoft Windows Vista. In our tests, however, we have been able to install the software on both 32- and 64-bit Windows Vista operating systems. For an installation example, please see Related Documents.

You can try to install the software to your Windows Vista from here. If you are trying to install the software using an installation CD ROM, we recommend that it be of version 4.00.024 or later.

This link has the info on installing on Vista (including a web video of the process). It also has links to installing the IR adapters on Vista (but no mention of the serial port IR adapter).

[support.polar.fi]

George
George
Mark Robinson
January 06, 2008 07:48AM
Yes George thats the patch that I'm talking about that doesn't continue to work if you are logged in on your PC as with an administrator account.

George I don't agree with your comment on 2 c) What I am saying is not about deleting anything from your old PC but deleting the new polar folder that is empty of your personal data after that has been downloaded/copied to your new PC's hard drive. So that when you run the polar program it accesses to exactly the same personal data you had on your old PC.

Hope that makes sense

Regards

Mark

P.S. Everyone I know who uses Vista hates it. I actually really really like it
Jim
January 08, 2008 08:26AM

Hi, I am new to this forum, so greetings to all.

I have an old NordicTrack CARDIOTRACK Heart Rate Monitor (HRM.) It has been sitting in a drawer for a number of years but after reading about the Polar 800 got I checked the manual and sure enough it has the R to R interval plus a computer upload function. I purchased this in 1996 or 1997. It works fine but I do not have the interface to the computer.

I had bought a Polar intially but my heart rate was so low I thought the unit was defective and switched to the NordicTrack. This was before I knew I had AFIB

Does anyone know how to transfer the information by Radio Frequency to a Computer or better still locate the interface for this unit? It does not have a Model Number just the name ADVANCED CARIOTRACK HRM

Incidentally, NordicTrack has a lot of Cardio type readers on their equipment that look suitable for reading and recording irregular pulses.
MARK ROBINSON
January 08, 2008 09:54AM
Sorry Jim no idea

Mark
Jim
January 08, 2008 06:08PM
Thanks Mark,

I have emailed the company and if I get no results I will buy a Polar 800.
GeorgeN
January 09, 2008 06:55AM
Jim,

If you've not already done so, you can read more about the Polar and other monitors here:

[www.afibbers.org]
and
[www.afibbers.org]

George
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login