Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PVI and Bradycardia

Posted by benj 
benj
PVI and Bradycardia
April 19, 2007 08:08AM
I was curious if anyone knows of any studies or had an experience themselves in having a PVI ablation with an underlying asymptomatic bradycardia present. My concern is whether ablations are as 'successful' when bradycardia is present as compared to when not present. I keep reading about the 'heart rate increases' following a successful ablation and perhaps the opposite might be true if not successful.

My point in all this in just recently undergoing an ablation and my resting rate is essentially the same now as preceding the procedure. Over time can that change....anyone know?

Thanks.

Marian from Miami
Re: PVI and Bradycardia
April 20, 2007 05:47AM
Hi Ben,

I don't presume to know the answers to your good questions, but in the past 4 years of my search to learn all I could about Afib/ablations I never came across anything that would lead me to believe that your ablation is not successful because your heart rate didn't go up.

The lower heart rate is certainly more comfortable. My rate climbed to 110 today, and it hasn't been lower than 102 since I came home. Dr. Pinski called me today for a progress report, and started me on Atenolol 25mg daily. Within one hour, my heart rate is a comfortable 86 and my systolic B/P came down 20 points. He said I am having an acute inflammatory response to the ablation.

As long as your rate is sinus in origin, that's all that counts!

Be well,

Marian
benj
Re: PVI and Bradycardia
April 20, 2007 07:58AM
Dr. Pinksi responds to emails and all inquiries fairly fast and is just a great example of what a health CARE professional should exemplify. I first learned his name on this BB and cannot say enough what a great day it was several years back when I discovered this site, purchased Hans's books and got to 'know' such warm and very intelligent people.

Marian, I bet you feel relieved and glad to see you have a handle on the B/P and heart rate. You are so correct...normal rate and rhythm is good...period!

Recover well!!!

Ben

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login