Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

home 12/22 from My PV ABlation

Posted by Bob G 
Bob G
home 12/22 from My PV ABlation
December 22, 2003 09:48AM
Hey guys! I made it...with flying colors. Just got home from Florida's cleveland Clinic. had My TEE and Ablation on Friday. Was scared for no reason. I thank God for bringing me safely through, and for having a great Dr. in Dr. Pinski. Had my TEE at 8:00 am on the 19th, and that was a breeze. Then went right into the Ablation. It took just over 7 hours for the ablation. Seems that a small part of the population have 5 Pulmonary Viens, and I am one of them. He burned all five as well as other areas since ther was such a mess in there. Came out in fib, but Satuday was great. Did get a little sick since it was so extensive. There was absolutely no fear during it all. Was hardly ever awake. Sunday was in a lot of arrythmias, and today has been perfect. Rode the 6 hour ride home relaxed and happy to be alive and going home. He did over 100 ablation zaps. The Dr said I was a very sick man from all of this, and he is betting on this working. I would definitely not be afraid to go back for another. No CAT necessary in three months unless there are any symptoms, since my Dr stated that they have come so far in this proceedure, that there is almost 0% of that happening.

He did warn me about the couple to three months of possible problems, which I am prepared for, but am counthing on very little of anything. He thinks I will probably be able to come off of Tikosyn (Antiarrythmic), but not the coumadin. He also told my wife that there is a new very promising replacement for coumadin coming available, that requires no blood work to follow up on.

All in all, I am blessed to be here, blessed to have found the Cleveland Clinic in Florida, and especially blessed to have found a great Dr who I would recommend to anyone in Florida . He trained most of the Cleveland Clinic Dr's as head of EP in Cleveland Ohio for 9 years. Dr. Sergio Pinski. He aslo writes proceedure books on EP for students studying in the field.

I AM EXCITED>>>>>>YES I WOULD DO IT AGAIN...YES IT IS WORTH ANY SMALL RISK AND THEY KEEP GETTING SMALLER. LIFE WITH AFIB IS NOT A GOOD ONE. AND IT GETS WORSE THE LONGER YOU HAVE IT.

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR GOOD THOUGHTS FOR YOUR PRAYERS, FOR THE ANGELS JACKIE SENT, THEY SURE WERE THERE!

Bob G
Jim W.
Re: home 12/22 from My PV ABlation
December 22, 2003 10:09AM
Bob,

I'm happy for you. I'm sure you will be fine. Sounds like you found a very good doctor. Please keep us posted of your progress.

Wishing you the rest of your life in NSR,

Jim W.
December 22, 2003 10:25AM
Bob - What a wonderful, wonderful report. I am so very happy for you. I just knew everything would be fine. The angels were indeed there and of course, God is always there.

So glad you had such a competent EP and so glad you are happy with your decision, soon - life will be as it should be for you.

Please give us progress reports. Most of us had a "mild" experience compared to yours and it will give others with complications encouragement to know it can be done.

Great News. Happy Holidays.

Jackie
Pam
December 22, 2003 10:27AM
Bob:

What a wonderful Christmas gift.

Stay well and Free in 2004

Pam
Elaine
December 22, 2003 11:25AM
Bob
I spend my winters in Florida and would like to see an EP for a second opinion of the treatment I'm getting. Please, can you tell me where this clinic is. Would Dr Pinski see me if I'm not yet ready for ablation?

Your post exudes happiness from every word. It's so uplifting as your happiness is contagious. I'm sure your attitude alone will keep you well.

Thank you for the Christmas smile you gave me and I wish you well in your new healthy life.

Elaine
Elaine
December 22, 2003 11:47AM
Bob
I spend my winters in Florida and would like to see an EP for a second opinion of the treatment I'm getting. Please, can you tell me where this clinic is. Would Dr Pinski see me if I'm not yet ready for ablation?

Your post exudes happiness from every word. It's so uplifting as your happiness is contagious. I'm sure your attitude alone will keep you well.

Thank you for the Christmas smile you gave me and I wish you well in your new healthy life.

Elaine
Howie
December 22, 2003 12:09PM
Bob G
December 22, 2003 12:14PM
Thanks for your note Elaine. The Cleveland Clinic is in South Florida. I live in Central Florida and believe me, it is worth the trip. I have had many problems with this for so many years, and am so happy to have found an answer that will indeed change my life. The happiness I have is not only from this Dr and proceedure, that's only the icing on the cake so to speak, but my walk in faith and trust in God. It has brought me through all these years. Be happy to share the Doc with you! Here is the address, and name and phone number.

Cleveland Clinic Florida
Sergio L. Pinski, MD
Head, Section of Cardiac Pacing & Electrophysiololgy
Department of cardiology
2950 Cleveland Clinic Blvd
Weston, Fl 33331
Office # 1-954-65-5290
Fax 1-954-659-5292
E-mail:[email protected]

Wish you well in looking this guy up. He is just a small man, but with great knowledge. And a great EP. Been to a few! Let me know how it turns out. tell him I sent you. I told him about this site yesterday.

Have a blessed New Year, and enjoy your winter in Florida. As others have well stated on this BB, you will know when you are ready for an ablation.

Bob G
Howie
December 22, 2003 12:35PM
Map (Cleveland Clinic Weston)
[www.clevelandclinic.org]
Cathy
December 22, 2003 01:38PM
Congratulations Bob!!!! Your wonderful experience makes me sure that I am closer than every to making the same decision.

A blessed Christmas to you and yours!

Cathysmiling smiley ("fibbing" as we speak sad smiley )
Elaine
December 22, 2003 02:09PM
Thanks Bob & Howie. I'll let you know how I make out.
Elaine
Mike F. V42
December 22, 2003 10:43PM
Well done Bob. Great to note the enthusiam in every word of your post. Best wishes from hereon in.

Mike F.
Billo
December 26, 2003 06:09AM
Hi Bob,

Had my ablation on November 17 at CCF with Natale. I am so happy for you...and so many others who are getting help. I've had a few "episodes "since the procedure, but am sitting here after being in NSR for the past 5 days (pre-ablation, I was in nearly persistent afib), thanking God for the hope I have that I may be afib free in 2004. I wissh the ame for you.

Warmly,
Billo
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login