Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SURVEY: fermented foods and LAF

Posted by Dean 
Dean
SURVEY: fermented foods and LAF
September 12, 2006 06:28PM
Hello all,
I have noticed a few afibbers are using or experimenting with fermented foods of varying kinds in their quest to control their LAF. I, myself, have had outstanding success in putting AF and ectopics into remission by using natto food (fermented soya beans) on an almost daily basis.

I am very interested in comparing any other fermented foods that have also been successful in reducing LAF to see if there is any commonality in chemistry and the bacteria involved in the fermentation process.

When describing your fermented food could you please indicate the following:

-Description of food type and common name
-Bacteria involved
-Chemistry
-Effects on your LAF and ectopics

As an example I will describe my natto below:

Description:
Common name is natto and is made from fermented soya beans

Bacteria:
Bacillus natto or can be called bacillus subtilis or bacillus subtilis variety natto

Chemistry:
Vitamin K2, nattokinase, pyrazine, lecithin, lineolic acid, polyglutamin acid, phytoestrogen, infrabin, genistein, selenium, dipicolinic acid, the antibiotics bacitracin, polymyxin and urethin, oligosaccharide, inflavin, vitamin E

Effects on my LAF and ectopics:
Have been eating natto for last year and a half and it has put LAF, ectopics and SVT into complete remission.

Thanking you in advance
Dean
Still glad to hear you tell about this, friend, hope your freedom from afib lasts forever.
PeggyM
Gay McWhinnie
Re: SURVEY: fermented foods and LAF
September 12, 2006 07:33PM
Would be interesting to know the level of AF in Japan where they eat a great deal of fermented foods.
Here in France I have discovered what is called lacto-fermented (nothing to do with milk) celery and also beetroot juice. It is organic and I mix magnesium and potassium with the celery juice before going to bed - Hans mentioned it in his 1st book.
Is this the sort of thing you are looking for? If so, I can let you have more details.
Would rather have a glass of good wine, but hope it is doing me good!
Martin
September 12, 2006 08:56PM
My wife takes nattokinase tablets for a blood condition - are the tablets adequate or do I need to eat the fermented beans?

Martin
PeggyM
September 12, 2006 10:16PM
Martin, you will be able to answer that question for yourself in this manner:

click on the Archived Bulletin Boards button at the top

scroll down to Conference Room Proceedings and click on that

scroll down again until you find the 2 sessions on nattokinase

click on the first and read it, then the same with the second

Happy reading. Let us know what you decided with this new information.

PeggyM
William
September 12, 2006 10:42PM
Sauerkraut. Raw, home-made.
The bacteria is soil-based micro-organisms including lactobacillus, otlhers unknown to me. These are known to be necessary for good health.
I know nothing of the chemistry.
Normal heart rhythm does not change when eaten.

Never thought to see if it has any good effect on arrhythmia, for me these are so rare that I'll have to wait for someone else to try it

William
William
September 12, 2006 10:43PM
Forgot, this might be inportant, I use expen$ive organic cabbage and dried sea-water to make sauerkraut.

William
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login