Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natural Anticoagulants

Posted by Chris P 
Chris P
Natural Anticoagulants
December 02, 2003 03:10PM
There has been a lot of discussion recently about warfarin. A number of people have a strong preference for natural anticoagulants.

The risk with warfarin is bleeding. Is this unique to warfarin or the inevitable side effect of any anticoagulant?

My thoughts are that my warfarin anticoagulation levels are carefully monitored. Are there risks from consuming large quantites of natural anticoagulants with no monitoring? Is there some mechanism that moderates the effects of these natural methods?

Chris P
Peggy Merrill
Re: Natural Anticoagulants
December 02, 2003 06:44PM
Now THAT is the $64K question.
Peggy
bren
December 04, 2003 01:14PM
I am in the middle of struggling with this question. My dr wants me to go on coumadin --I am nervous because of the bleeding issue.I am searching around to see can I come up with some natural alternatives --someone mentioned a product called Nattokinase --but I can't get any info on it.In the meantime I am using aspirin + vitamin e + gingo.
Peggy Merrill
December 04, 2003 08:41PM
Bren. look in Pam's or Jackie's old posts, there was a discussion of this about a month ago, very instructive. Things i also use for anticoagulation are magnesium and fishoil. Search the old posts in this bulletin board first, i don't think this discussion was in the last one [but maybe it was. my memory isn't perfect]
Peggy
Peggy Merrill
December 04, 2003 10:42PM
Bren, it is Jackie who authored those very informative posts about natural bloodthinners. Nattokinase use is described there too. In the search function above, check author, then type in Jackie, and you will find discussions on this topic extending back for some little time. Very instructional. Good luck with it.
Peggy
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login