Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asthma Inhalers and A Fib

Posted by Sunshine13 
Asthma Inhalers and A Fib
April 18, 2024 12:33PM
Hi everyone, I have a history of paroxysmal a fib. I also have asthma. Recently do to formulary change on my WellCare part D plan I’ve had to change my asthma inhalers . On a normal basis I have used Flovent HFA without any issues but the manufacturer is no longer making it. So am trying to see if I can find one that won’t trigger my a fib. For thoses of you that are asthmatics have you had any issues with using inhalers for instance like Breo, Trelegy, and Advair the ones that are LABA or like Spiriva Respimat or Incruse Ellipta LAMA inhalers triggering your a fib. Any suggestions greatly appreciated . Thank you !
Re: Asthma Inhalers and A Fib
April 19, 2024 12:18AM
I have had no issues at all with Advair, but I have SVT, not Afib....
April 22, 2024 03:09AM
Albuterol, which is an ingredient in many asthma inhalers, is not my friend.
April 22, 2024 02:09PM
I try to avoid decongestants.
April 30, 2024 02:25PM
I wore a monitor on Advair and it showed a few short burst of afib, as well as some flutter. Normally when I wear a monitor it doesn't show any issues so I have not used Advair since.

For albuterol, if absolutely needed, I use a nebulizer and mix the albuterol with saline, then inhale for a minute or two, hang it up, and come back in a half hour for another minute. During COVID an albuterol inhaler in the ER set off a lot of ectopy.

There is a generic form of Flovent out I believe though it hasn't made it into my insurance's formulary, and there is budesonide. I bought an extra Flovent Diskus just before it was discontinued!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2024 02:25PM by windyshores.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login