Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ivabradine

Posted by MeganMN 
Ivabradine
April 16, 2024 11:42PM
Anyone out there have success with Ivabradine? My EP wanted me to try an even higher dose of Sotolol (80 twice a day) and I said no. We are trying Ivabradine next and maybe a homemade concoction of low dose Bisoprolol. I am so tired. I worked three 12 hour shifts and felt so sick. My heart was beating crazy, I felt so dizzy and tired. Didn't sleep at all last night... Hoping the Ivabradine at least slows things down a bit.
Re: Ivabradine
April 17, 2024 12:34PM
Can not speak to the Ivabradine. When I came off amiodarone the EP wanted me to take 120mg Sotalol twice a day! This dose was to start 4 weeks after being off amiodarone because amiodarone stays in the body for a long time. I decided on my own to start with 40mg sotolol twice a day for 2 weeks and then slowly increase to 80mg twice a day. At 1 month from quitting amiodarone I stayed at 80mg in the morning and then 40 mg at night and found this was my sweet spot! The reason I decided on 40mg in the evening was I knew it affected my sleep.

The moral of this story is I was in charge of finding what worked for me and not a Doctor who is not inside my body.
April 20, 2024 12:06AM
Thanks. Ivabradine is now a bust as well. Literally NO change in the SVT or tachycardia. I doubled the dose per the doctor and spent all day today down flat for horrible debilitating dizziness and headache. Running our of medication options. Took a sleeping pill last night and still didn't sleep. This entire week has been a wash. Next week will try compounding my own dose of Bisoprolol. 9 says left until my consult with Natale.....not that I am counting...
April 20, 2024 12:41PM
megan
I feel for you! I have had a lot of problems lately and feel pretty down some days. My ablation is still any where from 1 month to 3 months away. Thats after waiting now for 19 months! ( Canada system is broken)
April 20, 2024 05:02PM
Good lord!! I'm on Vancouver Island. I was referred in Nov 21, and was first contacted by that office in February to get an angiogram. That was done on the 27th of March. Next week was my first meeting with Dr. Novak, and at the end he agreed to perform an ablation on the 27th of July. So, from referral to procedure was about 8 months. My daughter has waited two years to have ortho repair of an ankle.

One thing I'll say for British Columbia, though, and that its oncology is world class and really fast...three to six weeks tops.
April 20, 2024 06:28PM
Thanks everyone. It is really tough not to get discouraged. I just feel so useless and tired much of the time. I don't want my kids to just remember their childhood with me always being sick..
April 20, 2024 09:36PM
gloaming
Good lord!! I'm on Vancouver Island. I was referred in Nov 21, and was first contacted by that office in February to get an angiogram. That was done on the 27th of March. Next week was my first meeting with Dr. Novak, and at the end he agreed to perform an ablation on the 27th of July. So, from referral to procedure was about 8 months. My daughter has waited two years to have ortho repair of an ankle.

One thing I'll say for British Columbia, though, and that its oncology is world class and really fast...three to six weeks tops.
They cancelled my appointment for an ablation due to losing my files!!!!!!!! Alberta is putting everything online and my AFib/flutter info was not transferred to the new online portal. So the cardiologist was to lazy to go to the hospital files room and pull all the paper copies. I lodged a complaint with AHS which was also a joke. I finally found a nurse in the Cardiologist dept who went to the file room and pulled the files and got me back on the list. The lodged complaint went no where and they just said to me "You are now on the list for an appointment with an EP" That EP appointment was Nov.30 th and I was put on the urgent list which got me an ablation date range from 6 to 9 months, so this May is 6 months from that date. Crazy!
April 21, 2024 05:09PM
Has he mentioned Renexa? There are several articles in the forum about this drug and effect on heart arrythmia. Some positive results used as off label medication for various arrythmias.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login