Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taurine and L Arginine

Posted by FibberMcGee 
Taurine and L Arginine
April 12, 2024 06:44PM
Has anybody here tried taurine and L-arginine for PVCs and PACs? I have had PVCs and PACs for two years, sometimes several or more per minute. They are really bothersome, even though my EP doesn't get too excited about them. I started taking taurine and L-arginine a couple of weeks ago and they are almost gone. Just wondering about other's experiences.
Re: Taurine and L Arginine
April 12, 2024 06:57PM
FibberMcGee
Has anybody here tried taurine and L-arginine for PVCs and PACs? I have had PVCs and PACs for two years, sometimes several or more per minute. They are really bothersome, even though my EP doesn't get too excited about them. I started taking taurine and L-arginine a couple of weeks ago and they are almost gone. Just wondering about other's experiences.

Yes, I used them in quite high doses after reading this article: [pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

They did help me though ultimately, I needed an ablation to paralyze the beast. I still take a good dose of Taurine though as it is helpful in other areas like sleep.
April 12, 2024 06:58PM
I had really good luck with them as well, although mine eventually broke through the supplements. What doses are you taking? How long did you take them to notice a difference?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2024 06:58PM by MeganMN.
CC
April 12, 2024 07:02PM
I haven't tried l-argine but taurine, magnesium and potassium (and about 500mg sodium) have been part of my daily routine. Taurine, 2000mg, was the last I added and it took mine down to almost nothing within weeks. I wish I'd added it sooner. Good to hear it worked for you also!
April 12, 2024 07:20PM
I am presently taking 1000 mg of each (taurine and l-arginine) twice daily and also take mag taurate 400 mg to 600 mg daily, along with bananas and low sodium V-8 juice a couple of times daily for potassium. I have been taking the taurine and l-arginine for a couple of weeks. In addition to helping with the arrhythmias, my blood pressures and pulse rates are better, so I reduced my metoprolol succinate from 50 mg daily to 25 mg daily and feel soooo much better. My brain fog and "balloon head" has almost gone away. Ballon head is how I describe to my EP how metoprolol makes me feel 😁.
All of this with the blessing of my EP of course.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2024 07:21PM by FibberMcGee.
April 12, 2024 07:25PM
My EP actually suggested all of those. I'm thinking maybe I should give them another try.....
April 12, 2024 07:30PM
I've taken 2-4 g/day of taurine powder for over 19 years. One of my friends who was having PAC issues was taking 0.25 g/day. I suggested he increase it. He did to 2 or 4 grams/day, I don't recall and it really helped.

Another person, a member here, sent me an email with the following recently:

The two things I haven’t stopped taking to this day is taurine and ginger extract with 5% gingerols, both by NOW. I know you’ve experimented with both but have you ever done therapeutic dosages? When all else failed, ginger extract at around 2 grams would settle my heart within 30 minutes if taken on empty stomach. Taurine on the other hand helped do the same thing but once I increased it to 10 grams as an experiment I realized the full effect and started taking both at the same time.

Basically I used to take 2 grams of ginger with 4 grams of taurine three times a day and after a couple of days ectopic episodes stopped altogether. I was so happy to find the combo that works that I continued this for almost 6 months and my entire vagal response and stomach acid responded differently to same triggers. It was almost as if I had an ablation but without the scars and my body seized to get provoked by usual triggers.
April 12, 2024 07:35PM
deleted

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2024 07:55PM by FibberMcGee.
CC
April 12, 2024 07:58PM
FibberMcGee
deleted

That gave me the giggles!!
April 12, 2024 08:16PM
I tried taurine and got afib from it. Wound up in the cardiologist's office first thing in the morning and told him what I had done and he scolded me, "That crap is in energy drinks," and "You can have a stoke." I'd be careful with it.
April 12, 2024 08:38PM
I deleted it. I thought it crossed some kind of line. Glad you liked it.
April 12, 2024 11:40PM
If you made people giggle, I seriously doubt it crossed any sort of line here. This is a forum, not a church. Please edit it again and put back what you said because I want to see it if people found it funny.
April 13, 2024 12:01PM
I would eat a spoonful of dried dog poop if it would stop my arrhythmias.
April 13, 2024 02:28PM
FibberMcGee
I would eat a spoonful of dried dog poop if it would stop my arrhythmias.
agree!
I am on lots of forums and this comment is mild haha
April 13, 2024 06:13PM
The word "poop" appears in the dictionary and it's not even labeled as obscene or vulgar. You've got to at least get an obscene or vulgar tag from Merriam-Webster to cross a line here.

And I bet 90% of the folks here would agree with you.
Joe
April 13, 2024 08:54PM
Never know until you trysmiling smiley
April 15, 2024 08:02PM
I just had a touchup ablation and the Watchman implanted this past Thursday, Natale came in later to speak with me and was was focused on the monitor with my frequent PVC's.....he seemed concerned.....I've had bouts with these over the last 8 years.
I just started taking Taurine and Arginine and just saw this thread, remembering that might have worked in the past.
I hope I don't end up back in Texas.....

BTW is the Watchman Natale using now the Flex Pro......? I just read that it was approved in Sep 2023...

I just re-checked my discharge package I found the Patient Implant Card, Yes it was the Watchman Flex Pro.
He told me I can stop my Xarelto for my biopsy in two weeks and then go back on until my TEE....evidently the FLEX PRO is that much better at placement and sealing the LAA from what I read.
Natale actually helped develop the Flex

McHale

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2024 08:07AM by McHale.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login