Advanced

Pulse

Posted by Dovewing 
Pulse
March 08, 2024 02:40PM
Hi everybody is doctor natale using the pulse field yet.. Thanks
Re: Pulse
March 08, 2024 03:00PM
Yes, he's been using it for quite some time because he was involved in the clinical trials.
March 08, 2024 03:22PM
Thank you Carey... From what I have heard that seems to be a safer method as well as quicker... I have to talk to the doctor... I've just been diagnosed with chronic leukemia... Wondering if he'll take me with that as well as my not being able to use blood thinners.. I still have to call
March 08, 2024 03:23PM
I am scheduled for PFA with him next month …he is very competent with this procedure
March 08, 2024 03:25PM
That’s good…where?
March 08, 2024 03:35PM
In Austin with Dr.Natale. I posted my last post the same time as you, and have just seen that you have leukemia, I am sorry to hear that, I have no idea how that would affect the procedure but I know the EPs seem quite adamant that thinners need to be on board when I have spoken to them- the Wolf mini-maze does not require thinners I don't think

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2024 03:37PM by Fuzzyduck.
March 08, 2024 03:44PM
Right.thks
March 08, 2024 04:27PM
If you can't receive any type of anticoagulants, I don't think an ablation is possible.
March 08, 2024 04:46PM
Can he get a watchman instead? I remember during my GI bleed, dr Natale didn’t think it was safe to get an ablation at that time but instead he subjected a watchman to allow me to temporarily get off of eliquis.
March 08, 2024 06:51PM
I doubt it because a Watchman only prevents clots from escaping the LAA, but during an ablation clots can be generated in the left atrium from the septal puncture and from the burns. A Watchman can't stop those.

I would ask the oncologist how ironclad the prohibition is on anticoagulants. If they could be used short term during the procedure then a Watchman might make it possible.
March 09, 2024 03:16PM
Fuzzyduck
Wolf mini-maze (WMM) does not require thinners I don't think

Correct. No thinners required before or after the procedure. With WMM, everything is done from the outside of the heart, including clamping the LAA. With Catheter ablation, everything is done inside of the heart. Arguments both ways which is the better approach.

Jim
March 09, 2024 03:37PM
It’s true
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login