Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

5months Post Natale Ablation - Update

Posted by swhanson 
5months Post Natale Ablation - Update
March 08, 2024 06:26AM
This is an update - I have posted before about my experience:
64yr old, 6yrs history of flutter progressing to monthly/weekly flutter/tachy events and almost continuous PACs.

Ablation by Natale last October. My experience with St David's was excellent...so glad I traveled to have the procedure there and with Natale.

Post procedure, Natale acknowledged he was not able to get one spot. This resulted in occasional atrial tachycardia (HR 120) or flutter at HR 100. However, all prior PACs and flutter gone. In general I was in a better state and waiting to see what happens. A second ablation was possibly in the future.

3.5 months post ablation, the tachy/flutter events diminished over a period of 3 weeks until now I am arrhythmia free.

Post ablation, the Natale team was in almost continuous communication with me through email and calls, at times daily. They arranged a 7 day holter monitoring to check on things. This was all a quality of care I did not expect and never have received before from any doctor/hospital. This is what you want if you can get it when you are altering your heart your body, forever.

Lesson Learned: The blanking period is a real thing. Post ablation, things are happening to the heart tissue during recovery. If you have had an ablation....the final results may not be apparent maybe for months. Be patient.

Again. thanks to all here for guidance. If you have questions about my experience, contact me.
Re: 5months Post Natale Ablation - Update
March 08, 2024 11:41AM
Glad to read your good news story! All the best for the future.
Calvin
March 08, 2024 01:44PM
I\m just a single sample, but the one I know best. After reading about so many accounts, with all their variances, I think yours sounds almost textbook and typical. The pamphlets handed to me as I left the hospital warned that AF and its treatment are invasive in so many ways, and that one should expect some continued arrhythmia now and then during the recovery. I don't think they used the term 'blanking period' in the literature copied and handed to me, but it's as good a term as any. You are doing well, and for you I am happy and grateful.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
March 08, 2024 03:21PM
Thank you! I am scheduled with him in April-the countdown begins! Glad they looked after you so well and i am encouraged by your update.
March 09, 2024 05:27PM
Lesson Learned: The blanking period is a real thing. Post ablation, things are happening to the heart tissue during recovery. If you have had an ablation....the final results may not be apparent maybe for months. Be patient.

Congratulations to you and continued NSR. You are definitely correct as I had a Cryo Maze Procedure when repairing my mitral valve Robotically and I've had a hand full of Afib episodes in the week or so post-surgery. Most I haven't even felt at all and only one lasted more than 10 minutes. Patience definitely is the key.

I am curious when you said Dr. Natale told you when he did the ablation there was one area he couldn't get too. What area was that and why couldn't he get to it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2024 05:29PM by cornerbax.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login