Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

watchman vs ablation

Posted by aikidorobbins 
watchman vs ablation
February 21, 2024 07:05AM
I wan t to avoid ablation. Anyone out there using watchman?
Re: watchman vs ablation
February 21, 2024 08:25AM
Watchman and ablation are two different procedures with two different goals.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2024 08:26AM by JakeS.
February 21, 2024 10:43AM
I'm among a handful of people here with a Watchman, but as Jake pointed out, a Watchman and ablations are totally different things. If you don't want an ablation then don't get one. It's that simple. A Watchman might allow you to stop taking anticoagulants, but it's not going to do anything for your afib.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/21/2024 10:45AM by Carey.
February 21, 2024 02:29PM
Atrial fibrillation is the disorder, Watchman is mitigating the risk of stroke caused by the disorder. Ablation should curb your AF, but the Watchman reduces the risk of stroke if your AF is intractable or if you don't want to treat it with any number of methods, including ablation.

No one should pressure you to do anything you don't wish to do. However, it must be said that an ablation really improves the lives of those who have a successful one. In some cases, coupled with the installation of a Watchman, you don't even need any further meds.
February 24, 2024 08:59AM
I just celebrated my 2 yr Watchman by Dr Natale 2-16-22. TEE s confirmed perfection per my EP Dr Holshouser
I never even think about it. Im one who choose no eliquis yet i still use natto , olive oil, fish oil, a few aspirin a week
And alota exercise
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login