Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nattokinase

Posted by tindellery 
Nattokinase
February 19, 2024 02:29PM
Has anyone been trying Nattokinase to counter lone afib? It seems I've tried everything but not sure how long I should be on various supplements before I see any results. My afib sessions have been coming on more frequently and lasting longer. Sometimes twice a week for 30 or so hours. Really don't want to do an ablation and am trying to fix this naturally. Does anyone have the same experience?
Re: Nattokinase
February 19, 2024 04:13PM
tindellery
Has anyone been trying Nattokinase to counter lone afib? It seems I've tried everything but not sure how long I should be on various supplements before I see any results. My afib sessions have been coming on more frequently and lasting longer. Sometimes twice a week for 30 or so hours. Really don't want to do an ablation and am trying to fix this naturally. Does anyone have the same experience?

I'm not sure how Nattokinase would impact Afib. It does have "blood thinning" properties but there are not any studies that would give dosing guidance for an Afib patient.

I can certainly appreciate your desire to fix it naturally, though most of us have not been able to and you are having quite a lot of Afib burden now and that will make it more apt to progress. You might check GeorgeN's posts as he has made a science of working with natural means and has been quite successful with a little help from Flecainide when needed. I started out very ablation-averse but after many years of trying to manage it naturally and with drugs went to Dr. Natale for an ablation and later wondered why I had waited so long! The ablation was so much easier than all those years of struggle. The consideration with an ablation is to go to one of the very best. Most of the problems come from trying to go local. Good luck with this!
February 20, 2024 08:36AM
tindellery
Has anyone been trying Nattokinase to counter lone afib?

Member Dean in Australia has been using Natto food (not nattokinase) to keep afib at bay since the mid 2000's. Natto food is the actual fermented soybeans. Here is search on his posts.

Dean's afib cause seems to be related to acid reflux & digestion and he was on PPI's. The natto seemed to resolve this issue for him.

His story is also starts on p27 in this PDF compilation on our site: [www.afibbers.org]
February 20, 2024 08:59AM
GeorgeN

Member Dean in Australia has been using Natto food (not nattokinase) to keep afib at bay since the mid 2000's. Natto food is the actual fermented soybeans. Here is search on his posts.

Dean's afib cause seems to be related to acid reflux & digestion and he was on PPI's. The natto seemed to resolve this issue for him.

His story is also starts on p27 in this PDF compilation on our site: [www.afibbers.org]

Interesting, I eat Natto 1-2 times a week, I will definitely eat more now.
February 20, 2024 03:27PM
Yuxi

Interesting, I eat Natto 1-2 times a week, I will definitely eat more now.

I also ate Natto every 2nd day and that reduced my afib from 1 to 2 afib events a month to about 2 to 3 events a year. That's until I got my first covid vacation then all hell broke loose. I have since had an ablation and a successful redo. I had some ectopic to start with but none now.
I unfortunately can't eat Natto now as I am on blood thinners for life.

tindellery,
IMO you might try Natto but it will take 3 month before you notice any effect, you should also be considering an ablation.
February 20, 2024 04:58PM
Check these previous posts that I offered on the use of Nattokinase for reducing 'clot risk' ... but not to help manage afib. [www.afibbers.org]
Jackie
February 29, 2024 10:23AM
Thank you for the info. An ablation has been suggested a few time by my cardiologist but he said it's 50% successful that people won't have to have it again, so I'm leary but keeping it as an option.
February 29, 2024 11:18AM
tindellery
Thank you for the info. An ablation has been suggested a few time by my cardiologist but he said it's 50% successful that people won't have to have it again, so I'm leary but keeping it as an option.

This is why you seek advice from an electrophysiologist (EP), not a general cardiologist. Your cardiologist is wrong. The average EP will generally have a 70-75% success rate with paroxysmal afib. A top EP will achieve more like an 85-90% success rate.
March 03, 2024 03:16PM
Before having to go on Eliquis after my last ablation which included Natale ablating my Left Atrial Appendage, I was taking Nattokinase supplements for years and didn't seem to notice any difference.

I do notice a help with the Magnesium Taurate solutions however.

JohnG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login