Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. John Day's Feb newsletter on AFIB

Posted by Yuxi 
Dr. John Day's Feb newsletter on AFIB
February 08, 2024 11:16AM
Re: Dr. John Day's Feb newsletter on AFIB
February 09, 2024 01:11PM
Thanks for posting. Just further emphasizes that with a lot of things afib, everything is not always clear cut and even the way we looked at things a few years ago is changing.
February 10, 2024 06:15PM
Reading this newsletter tells me everything I am doing is of no benefit!!!!

I have A Fib and am taking 5000iu vitamin D and take fish oil and super cod liver oil I actually feel less A Fib while on these products.
What is a person to believe now as there is so much information for and against all supplements.
February 10, 2024 06:48PM
calvin
What is a person to believe now as there is so much information for and against all supplements.

What you can believe is that the supplements industry sells enough product that they feel no need to spend money to prove their products actually work, or even that they're safe. And they never will until someone forces them to, and that's unlikely to happen because they can't patent natural supplements. No company is going to spend millions doing clinical trials on vitamin D (or whatever) if every one of their competitors will benefit equally from the results. The solution would be for the industry to form a trade association that could fund such product testing, but I'm sure we'll never see that happen unless governments force the issue, which I'm even more certain we won't.

About all you can do is only buy products that carry a USP stamp on the label (in the US). That at least ensures that what's in the bottle is what they claim it is.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login