Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What is this? PVCs?

Posted by susan.d 
What is this? PVCs?
February 02, 2024 06:58AM
Two cardiologists don’t know. Is it PVCs? Sure looks like it. I either have this rhythm or tachycardia which is a regular fast hr with angina and dizziness and out of breath.
Attachments:
open | download - Health - Susan - ECG 2024-02-02 at 13.53.pdf (202.1 KB)
Re: What is this? PVCs?
February 02, 2024 11:44AM
I see heavy p spikes, and the variability between R waves. I don't know what that means. There's an arrhythmia, but I don't know what the downward dip for the p wave means...if that IS the p wave.
February 02, 2024 11:55AM
gloaming
I see heavy p spikes, and the variability between R waves. I don't know what that means. There's an arrhythmia, but I don't know what the downward dip for the p wave means...if that IS the p wave.

Since she has an AV node ablation & a ventricular pacer, would there be p waves?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2024 12:56PM by GeorgeN.
February 02, 2024 12:01PM
I don't know, George. I just don't understand the many vertical spikes, but only some with the negative amplitude.
February 02, 2024 02:06PM
I think those are PACs. There's a PAC before every QRS (two before the QRS at 8 sec), and they're occurring close enough to the QRS to distort it because the heart hasn't fully repolarized yet, which is why they kind of look like PVCs.
February 02, 2024 02:09PM
Carey
I think those are PACs. There's a PAC before every QRS (two before the QRS at 8 sec), and they're occurring close enough to the QRS to distort it because the heart hasn't fully repolarized yet, which is why they kind of look like PVCs.

How do you get a PAC through an AV node ablation?
February 02, 2024 02:10PM
GeorgeN
How do you get a PAC through an AV node ablation?

By having an incomplete ablation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login