Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Afib? I'm not sure.

Posted by MeganMN 
Afib? I'm not sure.
January 30, 2024 07:19AM
I have been using the Wellue device to monitor my craziness as my EP instructed. Last night I had Afib pop up for the first time. I can't really see it though and don't want to really send it to the EP and be paranoid. I am an ER Nurse, so feel pretty good at rhythms. Obviously I am not suggesting anyone diagnose, but what do you think? Would really appreciate your weigh-in before I send it in.

Meg
Attachments:
open | download - 1706617048976 (1).pdf (562.4 KB)
Re: Afib? I'm not sure.
January 30, 2024 08:42AM
Your eyes are likely better than mine at seeing it. One thing you could do is to count and write down in a column or in a spreadsheet the number of small boxes between RR peaks, then look at that for the patterns.

Sent your a PM with your name & age blacked out. Suggest you replace the original with the one I sent.
January 30, 2024 09:57AM
That's kind of a rhythm salad with a little bit of everything, including a lot of noise. I see the irregularity of afib but I also see P waves, and it varies a lot through the recording. I guess my best take on that would be sinus tach with a lot of ectopy.
January 30, 2024 11:35AM
This is my rhythm much of the time now. It had been just at night, now it is much of the daytime as well. I feel frustrated. I know it isn't a fatal rhythm, but it feels like poop. I messaged the EP, sent him the strips, and his response was, "thanks for letting me know".....
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_20240130-103226.png (655.9 KB)
January 30, 2024 12:49PM
MeganMN
This is my rhythm much of the time now. It had been just at night, now it is much of the daytime as well.

When they looked at it before they said they should really look at it at night. Since it is doing it in the daytime now, I assume the nighttime requirement goes away??
January 30, 2024 01:56PM
The current EP doesn't even seem to think it needs to be treated. I'll wait to have my consult with Natale. I go back and forth between wondering if I am over reacting, or too sensitive, and being frustrated that no one seems worried about such a high burden of ectopy/SVT. My old EP had a failed ablation attempt as well, but he at least seemed to understand that my rhythm wasn't normal and was affecting my quality of life. The new one just doesn't seem to care.
January 30, 2024 02:06PM
I see afib but I'm not an ep. Send it to your ep, that's what they are there for.

Jim
January 30, 2024 02:40PM
There is a lot of variability, quite obvious, between QRS complexes, so it's an arrhythmia for sure. I also see p waves , but some are very close to the preceding T waves. I think it's PACs.
January 30, 2024 03:03PM
Thanks Jim. I had another episode today that stated afib. I sent it to him and he said PACs and that was the end of the conversation. So, I'll keep on trucking and trying to pretend I feel okay.... This was the last one and the EP said not afib even though the monitor called it that. Sure didn't feel right, I know that. Thanks everyone for your input!!
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_20240130-140209.png (772.7 KB)
January 30, 2024 03:17PM
FWIW I showed half a dozen rhythm strips to half a dozen ep's, all at top 10 rated cardiac hospitals and got quite a mix of interpretations from afib to atach to flutter. So reading these strips can be subjective. Whatever is going on, doesn't look normal.

Jim
January 30, 2024 03:42PM
I would start looking for a different EP. Find the best one near you.
January 30, 2024 04:44PM
Thanks everyone. This is just reinforcing the need to consult with Natale. I have an appt for April 29th. I can't wait.
January 30, 2024 05:31PM

I have an appt for April 29th. I can't wait.

Glad you have this appointment. Have they let you know how his appointments work? You will be scheduled for a specific time but he fits his appointments into the breaks between procedures and since he doesn't know in advance how long a procedure will take, you may need to wait a bit to see him. But, the wait is well worth it!
January 30, 2024 05:48PM
MeganMN
Thanks everyone. This is just reinforcing the need to consult with Natale. I have an appt for April 29th. I can't wait.

Do they offer getting on a cancellation list for sooner appointments?
January 30, 2024 10:44PM
I'm okay with waiting. It will be three months. I need time to mentally recover from the trauma of the last ablation attempt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login