Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kardia Mobile Advice?

Posted by MeganMN 
Kardia Mobile Advice?
January 18, 2024 11:18AM
I messaged my doctor about the arrhythmia that has been better after using colchicine. He wants me to use a Kardia or Apple Watch before he decides if I should continue the colchicine or not. I don't have any devices. Is the Kardia Mobile something that would monitor while I am sleeping, or do I have to put my fingers on the reader? How exactly do they work? For someone non-techy, what is the best option for recording some arrhythmias for him (NOT an apple watch). Does anyone else make a watch,.like Garmin? I would need the best device to catch SVT/Atrial Tach. Thanks!
Re: Kardia Mobile Advice?
January 18, 2024 12:00PM
MeganMN
Is the Kardia Mobile something that would monitor while I am sleeping, or do I have to put my fingers on the reader?

You have to put your fingers on the Kardia.

Some folks here have purchased a wearable ECG device from Wellue for overnight continuous monitoring. My understanding is you can upload the data and their algorithm will analyze the ECGs and give you a report. Here is a search on our site on ECG Wellue. [www.afibbers.org] I'd look at the posts that are a year old or older.
January 18, 2024 01:40PM
I have worn Samsung Galaxy watches for several years. As of early 2023, they have been certified in Canada to record ECG every ten minutes while at rest. If you want all-night monitoring, you must set the wearable to do that, but note that it drains the battery much more quickly. You might only get six-8 hours of use of the battery that way...I'm not sure because I have never enabled that function. I just take an ECG when I feel I want to.

There must be a wearable pulse and SPO2 monitor somewhere that also records ECG, but I'm sure it will be somewhat intrusive and expensive.
January 19, 2024 12:17PM
Could you do a 2 week patch? I just finished my milliionth Zio. There are others. My doc even just sends it to my house and I apply it. It's a little itchy now and then but mostly I don't notice it. size less than a deck of cards
January 19, 2024 05:19PM
I will look into the watch or other device. I have worn a bunch of Zio patches. I am honestly kind of annoyed that my doctor wants another one. It has always been Atrial Tach (SVT) and it will be this time too. He seems skeptical that the Colchicine has stopped the arrhythmia. He just wants proof, I guess. I'll order something. Thanks, guys.
January 19, 2024 05:30PM
Will the Kardia differentiate SVT, or will it just read as Tachycardia?
January 19, 2024 05:55PM
MeganMN
Will the Kardia differentiate SVT, or will it just read as Tachycardia?

Kardia can be used with and without a subscription. Without, these are the determinations: AFib, Bradycardia, and Tachycardia.

With subscription, this is what it will report: get 6 detections: Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia, Tachycardia, Normal Sinus Rhythm, Sinus Rhythm with Premature Ventricular Contractions (PVCs), Sinus Rhythm with Supraventricular Ectopy (SVE), and Sinus Rhythm with Wide QRS.
January 19, 2024 09:04PM
MeganMN
I will look into the watch or other device. I have worn a bunch of Zio patches. I am honestly kind of annoyed that my doctor wants another one. It has always been Atrial Tach (SVT) and it will be this time too. He seems skeptical that the Colchicine has stopped the arrhythmia. He just wants proof, I guess. I'll order something. Thanks, guys.

That is very annoying sad smiley I hate it when docs don't believe the actual patient!
January 24, 2024 12:20AM
I've ordered a Wellue. Will see how it goes. I still don't understand what he is trying to accomplish by me spending money to confirm that the rhythm hasn't changed and is still the same pre procedure rhythm.....
January 28, 2024 12:29AM
thanks for the recommendations! I have ordered and received a Wellue and it is quite impressive, picks up my PSVT, Bigeminy without a problem.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_20240127-232853.png (612.5 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login