Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Atrial Flutter - and needing another ablation

Posted by Methan99 
Atrial Flutter - and needing another ablation
January 12, 2024 12:28AM
So i woke up with chest pain and tightness - went to measure my pulse it was 160.
Felt something is wrong and went to ER. They gave me metropol IV and atrial flutter converted right way.
I was discharged with he following diagnosis:
SVT, Elevated Troponin, NSYEMI(NON-ST elevated myocardial infraction)
Im still not sure if I had a hart attack?
So i called Dr Natale office to schedule my sixth ablation - would be 4th with Dr Natale.

Very scary episode.

Thanks
Mike
Re: Atrial Flutter - and needing another ablation
January 12, 2024 01:13AM
Good luck Mike
January 12, 2024 02:58PM
NSYEMI does indeed mean heart attack, but are you sure it was listed as a diagnosis rather than something to be ruled out? I can't imagine them simply discharging you with that diagnosis.

I wouldn't be in such a rush to ablation based on one episode. I dealt with flutter for years and it's no scarier than afib. In fact, it's less uncomfortable than afib at the same rate.
January 12, 2024 04:02PM
Carey i spent 2 days un the hospital with Heparin iv - looks like flutter caused mild heart attack.
the also did echo with LV EF 4.5 - but no one in the hospital told me i had heart attack just on discharged with he following diagnosis.
January 12, 2024 06:03PM
I presume you meant to write LVEF 45. You'd be dead if you had an ejection fraction of 4.5. Was there any discussion about cardiac rehab?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login