Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Supporting Afibbers.org in 2024

Posted by GeorgeN 
Supporting Afibbers.org in 2024
January 01, 2024 07:58AM
I started off the New Year with a donation to Afibbers.org.

I wanted to let people know (or remind veterans) that Afibbers.org is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit charity. It is wholly supported through donations. I've just made one. The donation button is located on the upper right hand side of the main, not Phorum page here. On a phone, click the "hamburger" (three horizontal lines) menu in the upper left to get to the donate menu.

This is a direct link that Carey has shared previously. This is through PayPal, so even people not in the US can contribute. My understanding is that PayPal covers the costs, so 100% of your donation goes to Afibbers.org.

It is certainly not required, but I feel it is a good way to help Shannon & Carey defray the costs of hosting the site for those who have benefitted, whether as a poster or a lurker. I certainly have benefited from the site and Shannon & Carey have quiet hearts, so this is a labor of love for them.

GeorgeN
Re: Supporting Afibbers.org in 2024
January 01, 2024 11:33AM
Thank you, George!

We depend 100% on donations to cover our operating costs which, like everything else, have gone up substantially lately and donations are typically rather slow during the holidays so we're running on fumes. Any contributions you make will directly help us keep this forum and the main site up and running.

Happy Holidays and a New Year to all!

Carey & Shannon
January 02, 2024 02:40PM
GeorgeN
I started off the New Year with a donation to Afibbers.org.

I wanted to let people know (or remind veterans) that Afibbers.org is a US 501(c)(3) non-profit charity. It is wholly supported through donations. I've just made one. The donation button is located on the upper right hand side of the main, not Phorum page here. On a phone, click the "hamburger" (three horizontal lines) menu in the upper left to get to the donate menu.

This is a direct link that Carey has shared previously. This is through PayPal, so even people not in the US can contribute. My understanding is that PayPal covers the costs, so 100% of your donation goes to Afibbers.org.

It is certainly not required, but I feel it is a good way to help Shannon & Carey defray the costs of hosting the site for those who have benefitted, whether as a poster or a lurker. I certainly have benefited from the site and Shannon & Carey have quiet hearts, so this is a labor of love for them.

GeorgeN

The link is not supported in New Zealand.
January 02, 2024 02:54PM
What happens when you click it?
January 02, 2024 03:04PM
Carey
What happens when you click it?

See attached screenshot.
Attachments:
open | download - Screenshot_20240103-085911.jpg (78.9 KB)
January 02, 2024 07:20PM
Hmmm... I'll have to look into that. It was our understanding that donations could be processed from any country where paypal operates. Thanks for trying and thanks for the info.
January 02, 2024 07:50PM
Happily donesmiling smiley
January 02, 2024 08:20PM
Thank you, Yuxi!
January 02, 2024 10:19PM
Done. And thanks for running the show. thumbs up
Joe
January 04, 2024 04:48AM
Strange, works from Australia confused smiley Leftover from your control freak previous PM?
January 12, 2024 03:05PM
Done! This site has been a God send over the years. Thank you!! Barb
January 14, 2024 01:18PM
I just donated but the PayPal receipt I got said it is not an official donation receipt for tax purposes. Do you you guys send an official donation receipt?

Travis
January 14, 2024 02:39PM
We certainly will in the exceedingly unlikely event that the IRS even looks at it, much less challenges it, which I can't see them doing. But sending them automatically would be a huge job and it would require us to ask for and store private information, which is something we'd rather avoid. If anyone wants a receipt just PM me.
January 14, 2024 05:28PM
Glad you answered that question. I had a member approach me privately about a receipt. I've pointed them to your response.
February 03, 2024 11:26AM
Hello All,
My last ablation was with Natale in Austin March 1 2016, with Shannon by my side.

My brother just died from congestive heart failure, he had AFIB and arteriosclerosis with 5 stents but refused to ackledge anything.

I made a nice donation for the New Year and now my Boss wants to now if we prefer flowers or a donation to a cause that matters to me.

Coming your way Shannon my friend.

McHale
March 04, 2024 11:57PM
Donated--thanks to everyone and particularly to Shannon and Carey for all that you do for us all. This is such an important, even sometimes lifesaving resource, what would we do without it? And however did Afib patients ever learn what was what before the internet? Me thinks that some died younger. eye popping smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login