Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale PVC

Posted by Kleinkp 
Natale PVC
December 29, 2023 03:34PM
Developed PVC's immediately after Natale afibb ablation 2020 that progressively got worse 20k daily over last few years.

11/28/23 went back down to Natale and had a PVC ablation. Still having large #'s of PVC's as of today 12/29. Is the blanking period waiting for scar tissue to form the average 3 months like afibb and there's still hope for success?

Thanks any incouragment would be great.
Re: Natale PVC
December 29, 2023 10:49PM
Yes, the fibroidization, or scarring, needs time to evovlve into a complete blockage if there are still a few gaps remaining. I had renewed fibrillation after my second ablation at the two-week mark, but the outreach nurse emphatically stated that I don't have AF...any more. She was right. A day later I was out of AF and haven't had so much as a hiccup ever since.

Carey, Susan, or George can pipe up with whether a cardioversion might be indicated in a PVC case.
December 29, 2023 11:07PM
Yes, the blanking period logic would apply to any type of ablation.

I don't think a cardioversion would help. PACs and PVCs aren't sustained arrhythmias so I think cardioversion would be a very temporary solution.
December 30, 2023 10:40AM
Gloaming: no as Carey mentioned, an ecv wasn’t suggested as a treatment for my PVCs, nor would I think it would had helped - I had over a 30% burden starting 5 weeks post index ablation. I was on multaq and was scheduled for a pvc ablation with dr N. My local EP asked if I would humor him by trying an Tenormin (atenolol)’experiment that helped his patients.

Because I was on Multaq, he started slowly and I took 12.5mg Tenormin daily for a week. Nothing. Week two I took 25mg a day. Nothing. Week three I took 37.5mg a day and by day 3-4 my pvc’s stopped cold turkey. That was the day of my postponed PVC ablation. I was lucky.

Ablation #2 same story but after 5-6 weeks post ablation my PVCs returned and I started with 37.5mg Tenormin and it stopped.

Ablation #3 I was switched to Cardizem and sotalol a week and a few days post ablation I got a pacemaker and never went back on Tenormin but my PVCs didn’t return. I missed tenormin. Always felt better on it.

Currently I have PVCs since returning home two weeks ago from the states while on vacation. I am scared out of my mind. I can’t sleep fearing I’ll miss hearing the sirens to alert me to go to my bomb shelter. I’m up until 4-5am with a benzo. Constant terror from the missiles and sounds of jet fighters. Stress brought back my PVCs I didn’t have for years. I think I’m stuck with it. I’m taking Cardizem for my blood pressure as well as lisinopril. If I switch back to Tenormin, I will have to compensate with more drugs to control my BP which is high. I try to keep my potassium at 4.5 with daily rx potassium pills so a water pill isn’t ideal. If I take a water pill, norvasc and lisinopril, I’ll get my orthostatic hypertension back. No win win.

Not happy with my PVCs. I can’t walk even 200 feet without being out of breathe and my hr high. I know an ECV won’t help.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2023 10:44AM by susan.d.
December 30, 2023 12:37PM
I'm so sorry to learn that you're once again in the trunk and not driving, Susan. sad smiley
January 01, 2024 08:23PM
Also a Natale patient here. My blanking period was terrible, daily PACs starting from day 11 post surgery. They magically ended after 3 months when I got off the Flecanide. Literally the day after. Not sure if you are on Flec, but for some people it promotes irregular rhythm. Good luck.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login