Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Could Quercetin bring on an afib episode?

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Could Quercetin bring on an afib episode?
December 24, 2023 12:10PM
After my ablation at Bordeau I was afib free for 13 months. I then quickly went to episodes every few days.

I started taking 50 mg flecenaide twice a day and my heart has stayed in rhythm for five years.

I suuffer from alergic rhinitis and Quercetin is highly recommended for this but I'm concerned it might affect normal sinus rhythm.

Anyone got any information on this?
Re: Could Quercetin bring on an afib episode?
December 24, 2023 12:52PM
Google foo suggests it should be safe, but it does interact with some anticoagulants. The safest thing to do would be to talk to an actual pharmacist or your doctor.
December 25, 2023 09:04AM
Sam
I suffer from allergic rhinitis and Quercetin is highly recommended for this but I'm concerned it might affect normal sinus rhythm.

I can't say about Quercetin, but at 68, I've had rhinitis since birth (as told to me by my parents). My rhinitis is now the best it has been in my life. I've done two things. First, I consulted with this doc & follow his food plan. That reduced my rhinitis by around 85%. Then I found this doc's book (link to PDF) from 1956. Dr. Arthur F. Coca's protocol was to take your pulse before eating & then at 30 & 60 minutes after. If it was increased by 6 or more BPM, then Coca hypothesized that you were sensitive to something in what you ate. If it is a meal with a combination of foods, you have to retest, eating one thing at a time. This is time consuming and a pain (it took me some time to go through a bunch of foods). I learned that taking a one minute pulse with my fingers and a timer (which Coca would have done) worked better for this purpose than an instantaneous pulse from a device as it averaged the pulse over a minute. In my case I had non trivial pulse increases with 15-25 BPM on some items, so I've removed these items from my diet and I'd guess my rhinitis is 97% better. Another thing that happened with the pulse. I'd gotten an Oura tracking ring and it said I was getting 0-3 minutes of deep sleep a night. Not great for someone who is trying to avoid dementia. Before I pulled out the foods that increased my pulse, my overnight pulse rate was 63 BPM on one night. Several months later, after removing the worst offending foods, it was 45 BPM (no change in exercise). My deep sleep went up to 30 minutes. This was some years ago, after continued tweaking, my deep sleep is commonly 60-90 minutes, sometimes over 2 hours.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/25/2023 04:21PM by GeorgeN.
December 25, 2023 12:32PM
Sam, I have histamine intolerance , I take quercetin and vitamin c together as soon as I feel the symptoms. It has no effect to afib.
December 25, 2023 12:53PM
George, I’m going to try your pulse taking method, this is very helpful thanks.
December 25, 2023 05:34PM
In my research, Quercetin should not have any effect at all on rhythm, but everyone is so different! I have been on it for years.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login