Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Weird shadow bruising

Posted by MeganMN 
Weird shadow bruising
December 21, 2023 12:46AM
So as you know, I had the failed ablation last Tuesday with subsequent pericarditis. I have now noticed that the entire front half of both thighs has a large amount of shadow bruising. I don't understand. I would expect bruising in the side that they accessed from. But why would there be such a large amount of bruising on the non-affected side? I am not asking for medical advice. I had an ER Visit with comprehensive testing, but it doesn't make sense to me that there is so much bruising on the opposite leg. Has anyone else observed this pattern post ablation/EP Study?
Re: Weird shadow bruising
December 21, 2023 04:58AM
Not unusual. The bruising can spread and/or they may have entered in both sides. If your EP is not concerned, I would not be. In my case, they put lines on both sides, however the bruising spread out quite a bit. Looks a bit scary, but it will eventually go away.

Jim

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2023 05:03AM by mjamesone.
December 21, 2023 07:47AM
When I had an ablation' they accessed the veins in both legs. There was quite a bit of bruising on each inner leg for a while.
Ken
December 21, 2023 08:34AM
First ablation 16 years ago, lots of bruising on both legs - vein access in the groin areas of both legs. Second ablation three years ago, access only on the right leg and almost no bruising. Progress.

Failed? Until scars are fully formed and established weeks from now, afib will likely occur.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/21/2023 08:36AM by Ken.
December 21, 2023 02:48PM
Thank you!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login