Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blood thinner side effects

Posted by Dini 
Blood thinner side effects
December 15, 2023 11:48AM
I have had major side effects after being on Eliquis and then Xarelto. Both of these caused extreme fatigue and sore throat. Has anyone else had this happen or knows of an anticoagulant with fewer side effects?
Thank you
Ken
Re: Blood thinner side effects
December 15, 2023 11:53AM
Never any issues with Eliquis. No impact whatsoever.
December 15, 2023 12:50PM
Never had any real side effects from Eliquis other than some longer bleeding times once in a while. But oddly enough, it is listed as rare side effects.
December 15, 2023 02:05PM
Surprising side effects! Are you sure they were not caused by something else? I think it's uneasy finding the sure culprit when having unwanted effects. Some repeated experimentation is often required.
Most common side effects are bleeding and stomach or intestinal issues.
Xarelto and Savaysa gave me stomach discomfort and some rectal bleeding. I'm fine with Pradaxa. Never tried Eliquis.
December 15, 2023 02:43PM
I've never heard anyone complain of those particular side effects. Most of the DOACs are very similar drugs so if two of them bother you the others might also. But Pradaxa is a totally different drug and might work for you. Ask your EP about it.
December 15, 2023 06:25PM
Thank you so much for the input. I will definitely ask my EP about Pradaxa.
December 16, 2023 11:55AM
We all react to these drugs differently, but both "fatigue" and "sore throat" are listed side effects of Xarelto. I switched from Xarelto to Eliquis for other reasons and am did better on it. You may have to experiment to find the thinner that works best for you.

Jim
December 16, 2023 11:45PM
No complaints about eliquis.
December 18, 2023 01:41AM
Eliquis was my first choice, but I had even worse side effects. I am very sensitive to medications unfortunately. I will see if my EP will prescribe Pradaxa. Very true we all react differently to these drugs.
December 31, 2023 12:48AM
Only been on Apixaban... generic Eliquis... no issues issues at all since taking it for over three years.

\LarryG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login