Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magtech

Posted by bettylou4488 
Magtech
December 05, 2023 01:07PM
I searched using google (afibbers magtech) and then also on this group and didn't see this anywhere. I have it in a shopping cart at the place I get my supplements and I don't know where I first heard about it. It looks good because it isn't a pill and those Mg pills are so huge.. Maybe I just found it myself but wondered if anyone was familiar. Called MagTech. I toggle back and forth between L-Threonate and Glycinate because the Threonate helps sleep. Anyway - is anyone familiar? IDK if this link will work or not because I had to sign in to the account but I will try anyway. (I did find an interesting page that was an afibbers page where it listed a ton of supplements and a link to iherb. I'll maybe send that to you Carey first).

[us.fullscript.com]

(from 1000 mg Magteinā„¢ Magnesium L-Threonate)
(from 690 mg Magnesium Glycinate)
(from 630 mg Magnesium Taurate)

thanks for any thoughts.
Re: Magtech
December 05, 2023 01:44PM
Nothing wrong with it. For others benefit, the elemental magnesium is 200 mg/serving. Looks like you get 20 servings in a box (I have a Fullscript login) The mg numbers listed in your post are the compound weights, not the weight of the magnesium. If it works for you, wonderful! As I take at least 4000 mg of magnesium/day, this would be a very expensive way to get it (I'd need to consume a box per day).
December 05, 2023 02:06PM
GeorgeN
Nothing wrong with it. For others benefit, the elemental magnesium is 200 mg/serving. Looks like you get 20 servings in a box (I have a Fullscript login) The mg numbers listed in your post are the compound weights, not the weight of the magnesium. If it works for you, wonderful! As I take at least 4000 mg of magnesium/day, this would be a very expensive way to get it (I'd need to consume a box per day).

So you get yours thru your the solution you make yourself yes? I keep looking at that. Maybe I will order this one time and then take a swing at making it myself.
December 05, 2023 03:40PM
bettylou4488
So you get yours thru your the solution you make yourself yes?

Yes. For me any magnesium works, as long as I consume enough. I've taken every form, including several I had to react myself to make (as in the acetate and bicarbonate forms). I did take the L-Threonate for a while, but it never did anything for me and was very expensive for the amount of magnesium in the compound. I'm not saying it isn't good, just didn't do anything for me. I currently take a mixture of dimagnesium malate, magnesium glycinate and magnesium chloride and yes I just toss the powders (crystals or flakes in the case of the chloride) in some water and down them.

Most folk need nowhere near the quantity I do and if this works for you, take it!

My house is kind of like a chem lab. I have scales that read down to 0.001 gram and am used to making a lot of stuff. I'm well aware that the way I approach things is different.
December 05, 2023 10:17PM
GeorgeN

My house is kind of like a chem lab. I have scales that read down to 0.001 gram and am used to making a lot of stuff. I'm well aware that the way I approach things is different.

I appreciate that. We have scales for pill splitting and also for a minute made our own THC tinctures for a family member so we could figure out mg/ml and based on the weight of the THC as to best treat.. (At that point OUR house smelled like a.. well a pot house.. I finally bought a tiny cooker that looked like a nutri-bullet to keep the smell out!). Although organic chem was not my favorite class I may look at making my own mg. I did order the ones I questioned above just for ease right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login