Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Fundoplication too?

Posted by parkinsnip49 
Fundoplication too?
November 27, 2023 05:27PM
Has anybody on this site also had a fundoplication for a hiatal hernia? Trying to navigate both conditions
thanks
Re: Fundoplication too?
November 27, 2023 07:35PM
Hi, welcome to the forum. So I gather you have afib and you're having (or have had) a fundoplication procedure? It's not a common procedure so I'm not sure you'll find anyone here who's had one, but we can still help you navigate the issues. Tell us a bit about your afib. How long you've had it, what you're doing about it, etc.
November 27, 2023 09:32PM
parkinsnip49
Has anyone here also had a fundoplication? I'm trying to navigate both conditions

I've been a member since 2004 & this is the only member I recall posting about fundoplication and it was in 2008. He was an MD pediatrician. Here is the link: [www.afibbers.org] He got the fundoplication to help deal with his afib.

I put this reply in your other post as well.
November 28, 2023 01:42PM
My then-90 year old dad had the procedure in 2019. He doesn't think it did much good for him, but he hasn't returned for a formal evaluation.
December 04, 2023 07:15AM
I had a the procedure quite some years ago. It never really worked.These days I I still suffer with terrible reflux and have developed Barrett’s Syndrome.
In hindsight I wish I’d not had the operation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login