Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heart Rate after Ablation

Posted by BobinABQ 
Heart Rate after Ablation
November 21, 2023 08:53PM
Hi. I’m about 8 days out from having an ablation. Pretty much all of the recovery issues that I had been told to expect seem to have been resolved. But my heart rate has been quite a bit higher than it was before the procedure.
My previous normal rate was in the 65 to 70 bpm range. It’s now running in the mid to high 80’s. Have not yet questioned my doctor about this. Anyone have a similar experience? I’m wondering if this will now be my permanent heart rate range or if it will eventually return to my previous levels. Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2023 08:55PM by BobinABQ.
Re: Heart Rate after Ablation
November 21, 2023 09:07PM
Yes, it is common and most return to normal, but it might take a year or more.
November 21, 2023 11:30PM
Yup, totally normal and expected like George said. Nothing to worry about.
November 23, 2023 12:56AM
Thanks for your reply.
November 27, 2023 05:29PM
Has anyone here also had a fundoplication? I'm trying to navigate both conditions
November 27, 2023 09:31PM
parkinsnip49
Has anyone here also had a fundoplication? I'm trying to navigate both conditions

I've been a member since 2004 & this is the only member I recall posting about fundoplication and it was in 2008. He was an MD pediatrician. Here is the link: [www.afibbers.org] He got the fundoplication to help deal with his afib.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2023 09:33PM by GeorgeN.
November 30, 2023 11:24AM
I had an index ablation with Dr Natale on June 14, 2023.

My resting heart rate before the ablation (according to fitbit - looking at the trend, not necessarily the number) was in the upper 50s. Now, my RHR is in the upper 70s. I did have a bout with Covid in early October (which was mild) and there's a chance that's a factor too. It was upper 60s / low 70s before covid.
March 05, 2024 01:03AM
I’m 14 months out from a Natale ablation. All is well except my resting heart rate is still 25 beats higher a minute. Does anyone have any suggestions. I’ve tried magnesium, lost weight, walking daily, elliptical machine. I’m worried this is my new heart rate. Thank you
March 05, 2024 01:52AM
Assuming you haven't deconditioned much, it will come down. Don't worry about it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login