Lenlec
Had my 2nd ablation rf type 5 weeks ago
All was fine until yesterday suddenly felt af come on
Did ecg 130bpm and af on my Apple Watch
Then back to normal nsr then back to af
Seemed I was going in and out of af
Is this normal?
Took 200mg and back to normal now

You are still in the blanking period and this often happens in the first 3 months. Are you taking an antiarrythmic daily? Most EPs will prescribe one for the first 2 to 3 months after an ablation just to prevent this while the heart heals.
Re: Af after 2nd ablation
October 15, 2023 11:03AM
I’m on 60mg diltiazem and apixaban
Twice a day.
The ep did say I could take 50mg flecanide twice a day
October 15, 2023 11:15AM
Lenlec
I’m on 60mg diltiazem and apixaban
Twice a day.
The ep did say I could take 50mg flecanide twice a day

Diltiazem won’t prevent Afib, just slow the rate and reduce blood pressure, so you might want to consider the 50 mg of Flecainide twice a day, in consultation with your EP.
October 15, 2023 03:17PM
Thanks. Just worried now that af has broken through the ablation hasn’t worked ?
October 15, 2023 04:05PM
Lenlec
Thanks. Just worried now that af has broken through the ablation hasn’t worked ?

No, too early to jump to that conclusion. I would take the flecainide for another, say, 3 weeks then stop it to see how you do without it.
October 15, 2023 06:03PM
You say it like it has been several days now and no more AF? If you are in AF for longer than 24 hrs, you should be cardioverted. If it has settled down, that's a positive sign. However, usually these episodes come on earlier in the blanking period, say the first four weeks. You're a bit outside that now, but still well within the 8-10 week blanking period. Don't despair, but do watch out for whatever might be triggering the AF. Avoid stress, poor sleep, anxiety, poor posture, overeating, alcohol, marijuana/CBD products for some, dark chocolate and other caffeinated ingestibles, etc.

As much as I hate to say it aloud here, the later this happens, the poorer the prognosis. If you're still having episodes four weeks from now, I would regretfully suggest that you may need a second ablation. Do contact the EP soon if you begin to suspect that his/her first effort has not worked so that you can be placed on the waiting list for a second attempt. There are long-serving members here who would strongly suggest you look for a 'better', more experienced, and more skilled, EP, but I'll let them chime in on their own accords.

Please be patient for now, and try not to freak out. Stay calm, and let your heart tell you what it has right or wrong as the case may be, but it will need at least another month.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2023 01:15PM by gloaming.
October 16, 2023 06:26AM
Thank you
October 16, 2023 10:50AM
Hi this is my 2nd ablation.
1srt one was a cryo in sept 2021
The ep on my 2nd said he found gaps in my LU
PV
Just got to hope this was a little blip ??
October 16, 2023 11:39AM
Lenlec
PV

So your 1st ablation lasted 2 years. Is your 2nd EP saying some of the PV lesions created by the Cryo are re-connected?
October 16, 2023 02:47PM
No my 1st ablation lasted 4 months then was getting af once or twice a month
So the ep put me on the uk wait list for my 2nd. The new ep who did the
2nd said one of the pv left upper had reconnected so he did 36 burns and said
All went well 2nd was 4th sept 2023

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2023 02:48PM by Lenlec.
Ken
October 18, 2023 10:03AM
Gloaming said: As much as I hate to say it aloud here, the later this happens, the poorer the prognosis. If you're still having episodes four weeks from now, I would regretfully suggest that you may need a second ablation.

And then there is my case - My first ablation lasted 13 years then afib came back. I had number two in Jan. 2020. On Flec for one month and then in April I had 4 episodes of afib, in May, 1 episode, and in Aug. 1 episode. All stopped with Flec, "pill in a pocket".

Then no afib for the last 3+ years. A long blanking period? Sheer luck? Go figure.
October 19, 2023 02:55AM
Yuxi

PV

So your 1st ablation lasted 2 years. Is your 2nd EP saying some of the PV lesions created by the Cryo are re-connected?
Yes The left upper pv had reconnected
So he did 36 rf burns according to my notes
No my 1st cryo ablation lasted 4 months. 4 months with no issues after the procedure. Thought I had cracked it and been a success

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2023 02:58AM by Lenlec.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login