Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anticoagulation With Edoxaban in Patients With Atrial High-Rate Episodes paper

Posted by sldabrowski 
Anticoagulation With Edoxaban in Patients With Atrial High-Rate Episodes paper
September 08, 2023 04:58PM
Interesting paper

[prac.co]
Re: Anticoagulation With Edoxaban in Patients With Atrial High-Rate Episodes paper
September 08, 2023 05:46PM
FYI, susan.d has the same link in this post.
Edoxaban? Is this a new NOAC?
September 07, 2023 09:37AM
Re: Edoxaban? Is this a new NOAC?
September 08, 2023 05:01AM
It's been out for about 8 years. In the same class of drugs as Eloquis, Paradaxa and Zarelto. I think it has been used more in Europe. It wasn't marketed here in the US as much. I use it when needed, as the other 3 NOAC's caused me side effects of hair loss and exacerbated arthritis. I don't know yet if it's any better or worse for than the other 3, as I have just used it for short periods of time.
Re: Anticoagulation With Edoxaban in Patients With Atrial High-Rate Episodes paper
September 08, 2023 07:20PM
If you're confused by the above sequence of posts, I merged two duplicate topics together. I meant to make Susan's topic the first since she posted it first, but the merge didn't agree with me and I'm not going to fight the software. winking smiley
September 09, 2023 11:31AM
Here in EU, it seems edoxaban is known under the name Lixiana. I think it's named Savaysa in USA.
I took Lixiana for a while, after having tried Pradaxa and Xarelto. I did so before, between and after my ablation procedures. I'd had the drugs for free (they are expensive), which explains why I tried several.
We're all different, but for me, Pradaxa is the one I'm fine with. Both Xarelto and Lixiana gave me stomach pain and some slight (benign) anal bleedings.
I never tried Eliquis.
Being 65 and still having some paroxysmal AFib, my EP told me it'd be wise taking an OAC. I'm back to Pradaxa. It's now covered by our national health insurance, which means I'm only paying €5 / month.
The only thing I dislike with Pradaxa is the #**/*&$¢¥ packaging.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/09/2023 11:33AM by Pompon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login