Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Vitamin C and anticoagulants
September 03, 2023 01:08AM
I had a Natale ablation 3 months ago and an unexpected hip replacement surgery 2 months ago. Currently I’m dealing with a 10 day severe cold. I’d like to saturate my tissues with Vit C, but large amts also thin the blood and I take the regular dosage of Eliquis daily at present time. Does anyone have experience with combining Vit C and their anticoagulant ?
Re: Vitamin C and anticoagulants
September 03, 2023 02:05PM
September 03, 2023 06:08PM
Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, so is it even possible to saturate your tissues with it? Seems to me you'd just pee off the excess pretty quickly.
September 03, 2023 09:18PM
Thanks, Gloaming and Carey. smiling smiley
September 04, 2023 09:47PM
I believe also you pee out the extra. On my last EP visit I went thru a variety of supplements with the PA I met with. I always say, "you don't have to think this will help me I just want to know if you think it will harm me." I also have a cardiac pharmacist I call. I got that number when I was in the hosptial getting on dofetilide several years ago. It is one of the best contacts I ever made.
September 06, 2023 08:28AM
Just FYI - Note that my prescribed dose of Eliquis is a half-dose... but I wanted to comment that I use the liposomal Vitamin C form (by LivOn labs) if I become symptomatic of cold or flu... to assist in preventing it from escalating to full-blown.

It's very effective, albeit, pricey; but I always have a supply on hand; and, while I only take the half-dose Eliquis, I have not experienced complications even with my 'slightly-low' platelet count.

[www.livonlabs.com]

Jackie
September 10, 2023 03:04PM
Marco may be interested in this because of the gerd/afib connection-but after a false covid test I was told to take high doses of C. It gave me terrible GERD and I went into afib…later a GI bleed and dr Natale canceled my ablation because I was dropping a hemoglobin number s week. He did an emergency watchman so I could stop eliquis until my bleeding was under control. Since then I limit citric acid and any drinks with added C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login