Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Grisanti on Magnesium

Posted by Jackie 
Dr. Grisanti on Magnesium
September 02, 2023 10:45AM
Two 'reminder' reports on magnesium - info on why it's important to make sure our magnesium levels are optimal.

[www.functionalmedicineuniversity.com]
[www.drgrisanti.com]

Jackie
Re: Dr. Grisanti on Magnesium
September 02, 2023 01:25PM
Thanks, Jackie. It might be reasonable to take it that one's overall Mg score is going to be reflected in a one-off assay of serum levels, but it can be misleading. I don't know how well trained the physicians are these days in determining the true levels.
September 02, 2023 03:21PM
I don’t know if the EXA lab is still in business, but they are an excellent choice for determining your magnesium levels by testing tissue samples (scraping from mouth)
September 02, 2023 04:47PM
[exatest.com]

Periodically, the physican I use for nutritional evaluations/testing orders the Intracellular Magnesium test (Exatest) collected/scraped from the buccal mucosa.... She is the first and only physician that ever evaluated my intracellular Mg.

As indicated in my archived posts on this topic, initially, I was very low. I learned that (for me), the magnesium glycinate form of magnesium works well and my typical daily dose is between 400 and 600 mg....divided doses and always one, at bedtime. I also make the Magnesium Bicarbonate water and use that during the day so my dosing depends on bowel tolerance and can be slightly variable.

Jackie
September 02, 2023 05:17PM
Someone on this forum tried contacting them multiple and multiple times and they are not answering their phones or emails..thus I wonder if they are still in business.
September 02, 2023 07:32PM
OK Susan... I'll ask my doctor and post.
Thanks for your input.
Jackie
September 02, 2023 07:33PM
susan.d
Someone on this forum tried contacting them multiple and multiple times and they are not answering their phones or emails..thus I wonder if they are still in business.

I assume this is the post you are referring to: [www.afibbers.org]

If you are in the US, in most states, you can order your own RBC magnesium from Labcorp or Quest here: [requestatest.com]

Though I did an Exatest in 2004, that showed I was magnesium deficient, I've subsequently used RBC magnesium as it is less hassle for me.
September 15, 2023 12:47PM
I have had very high bowel tolerance for magnesium . I was tested for my level of stomach acid and it was very low and Betaine HCL was prescribed with meals. Interestingly, I now need considerably less magnesium for reliable motility. Anyone else experienced this?
September 15, 2023 06:07PM
Daisy
I have had very high bowel tolerance for magnesium . I was tested for my level of stomach acid and it was very low and Betaine HCL was prescribed with meals. Interestingly, I now need considerably less magnesium for reliable motility. Anyone else experienced this?

Seven HCL tablets/meal makes no difference to motility. I do seem to have a fructans intolerance (common in nuts). If I avoid or materially reduce intake of foods with fructans, motility increases.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login