Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ablation Protocol

Posted by triplea 
Ablation Protocol
August 18, 2023 09:04PM
I have been on Dofetilide for atrial tachycardia since May and it is currently working very well. My goal is to get off the drug so I have ablation #3 scheduled for the end of November.
I thought I would stop Dofetilide some time before the ablation but EP wants me to continue taking it up to the the schedule date.
Is it preferable to be in sinus rhythm at the time of ablation? (No guarantee I would go into AT if I stopped Dofetilide, but I would have thought it would be advantageous to be in AT at the time of the ablation )
Any thoughts?
Re: Ablation Protocol
August 18, 2023 11:04PM
It varies from one EP to the next, but with atrial tach I don't think having you in the arrhythmia would be as important as it might be with afib.
Re: Ablation Protocol
August 22, 2023 07:52AM
Ep's work differently. If the ep is going to ablate empirically (based on ekg's, etc) then it doesn't matter and most I have spoken to prefer you in sinus rhythm, be it an afib ablation or other. If they are going to try and hunt down where the the atach is coming from, I would think it would be advantageous to be in atach at the time of the ablation, as they may not be able to provoke it.

Jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login