Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Treatment of Persistent AF...with Dr. Pierre Jais

Posted by gloaming 
Treatment of Persistent AF...with Dr. Pierre Jais
August 04, 2023 10:37PM
It is short, but it might be informative to some here: Nice to put a voice and face to this great electrophysiologist.

[www.youtube.com]

Yet another, same conversation probably, but the discussion turns to recurrent AF that is difficult to pinpoint. Dr. Jais talks about using alcohol to quiet the Vein of Marshall which works in just under half of his persistent/recurrent patients.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2023 02:23PM by gloaming.
Re: Treatment of Persistent AF...with Dr. Pierre Jais
August 14, 2023 01:06AM
Thank you for this link. Extremely interesting. I had 2 ablations done by Dr Jais. My AF returned after 12 years in 2020 I could not travel to Bordeaux to have another ablation due to the pandemic but could have it done in Adelaide by an Australian doctor who worked with the Bordeaux team for 5 years. This doctor was recommended to me by Dr Jais for which I am very grateful. I managed to have the ablation done between two lockdowns, a two-week window. It was a miracle. In December will be 3 years post-last ablation. I am very grateful to this forum which lead me to Bordeaux in 2006. I wish all who are fighting that dreadful illness to find a solution and success to be AF-free.
August 14, 2023 03:41AM
Thanks, Aldona. We strongly wish it too !
It's great you're fine now, and I wish it's for life.
August 14, 2023 12:11PM
aldona
Thank you for this link. Extremely interesting. I had 2 ablations done by Dr Jais. My AF returned after 12 years in 2020 I could not travel to Bordeaux to have another ablation due to the pandemic but could have it done in Adelaide by an Australian doctor who worked with the Bordeaux team for 5 years. This doctor was recommended to me by Dr Jais for which I am very grateful. I managed to have the ablation done between two lockdowns, a two-week window. It was a miracle. In December will be 3 years post-last ablation. I am very grateful to this forum which lead me to Bordeaux in 2006. I wish all who are fighting that dreadful illness to find a solution and success to be AF-free.

That is great! Could you either post the name of the Australian doctor trained by Janis or send it to me by private message? I know someone in Australia who is looking for a top EP for an ablation. Thanks.
August 15, 2023 03:57AM
Thank you very much. I wish you the perfect NSR. BE WELL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login