Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2nd Natale procedure

Posted by Kleinkp 
2nd Natale procedure
July 30, 2023 12:02PM
Looking likely to have to go back down to Texas for 2nd ablation. PVC's this time. Natale's afibb ablation performed 2020. Unfortunately day one after afibb ablation PVC'S started and have become worse and worse(15%-20%)

Will Natale's team need me to physically come down to Texas prior to the actual procedure to do any testing?

Trying to be prepared for any time away from home that will be needed.
Re: 2nd Natale procedure
July 30, 2023 12:04PM
I don't know that anyone here can answer for the vaunted Dr. Natale, but my guess would be that you would have to supply his team with a recent ECG and perhaps an MRI or CT scan. Beyond that, they may need to see you the day before for their own diagnostics or imaging, but that should be about it.
July 30, 2023 12:35PM
I agree with gloaming that any tests he needed could probably be done locally and the results would be sent to him. That would eliminate a trip to Austin prior to your ablation.

Kleinkp, I am just curious. Since your 2020 ablation, did you remain an established patient with Dr. Natale for any arrhythmia issues you were having or are you just reaching out to him three years later?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2023 12:36PM by Pixie.
July 30, 2023 12:51PM
Remained a patient. Natale manages all my prescription etc.

Had local cardiologist in Seattle but his ego got in the way of caring for me. Professional jealousy thing with Natale.

I have since moved to the midwest (South Dakota), I don't have a local cardiologist or Doctor yet.

Should add Natale's team has treated me great and has never tried passing me off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2023 12:53PM by Kleinkp.
July 30, 2023 02:28PM
Kleinkp
Remained a patient. Natale manages all my prescription etc.

Had local cardiologist in Seattle but his ego got in the way of caring for me. Professional jealousy thing with Natale.

I have since moved to the midwest (South Dakota), I don't have a local cardiologist or Doctor yet.

Should add Natale's team has treated me great and has never tried passing me off.

Kleinkp, thank you for your response,

Sept. 28, will be my one year follow-up ablation and Watchman implant with Dr. Natale. I too, want to stay an established patient with him. I have a local cardiologist and the EP who did my 2 failed ablations. I truly think they feel threatened by my care there. This week I wrote a lengthy post on this forum about attempting to get my CT for the 12 month watchman implant done locally. The post might be of interest to you because of the jealousy Comment you made. The situation is close to being resolved, but a few more phone calls are needed. Unbelievable!!!

I, too, live in the Midwest. We just spent 2 wonderful weeks in Custer State Park in South Dakota. It is one of our favorite places!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2023 02:37PM by Pixie.
LLA
July 30, 2023 03:07PM
Kleinkp, you should be able to do everything in one trip to Austin. I recently went there for a touch up ablation and Watchman and they make it pretty easy to do one trip. I had recent EKG's and an echo done locally that I sent to Austin ahead of time and then had a phone consult with Dr Natale a few weeks before. There was the option to consult with him the day before the procedure in Austin, so perhaps you could have any tests he might want that day. Good luck!

~ Linda
July 30, 2023 03:41PM
It’s worth a gamble to try it out, but I had a 33% PVCs burden. Dr. Natale scheduled me for a pvc ablation. My local EP wanted me to try an experiment he found successful in some of his patients. It was successful for me. Everyone is different. I just happen to be an unique case.

I started 12.5mg a day of atenolol. I was on multaq so he started slowly. Week two it was increased to 12.5mg BID. By three weeks I was up to 37.5mg. Three days at this dose stopped my PVCs cold turkey. It was a couple of days before the scheduled ablation which I had postponed to try this experiment.
July 30, 2023 03:45PM
Pixie my local EP in Seattle refused some testing ordered by Natale after my ablation along with a bad attitude about Natale. I fired that unprofessional jerk on the spot!

South Dakota highly underrated, which is fine and NO traffic!! We've been here for about 1.5 yes after government shut down my wife's beauty business during covid twice, we couldn't finicial handle it. So we packed up for South Dakota and haven't looked back.
July 30, 2023 07:53PM
Kleinkp

Cardiologists are the worst and most overpaid MDs out there. Not heart surgeons, not EPs but your standard head up their ass statin prescriber that believes the fraud of Ancel Keys, the AHA and pharma girls that bring Olive Garden every other week.
July 30, 2023 10:50PM
Oh, c'mon, don't be coy. How do you really feel about them? winking smiley
July 31, 2023 06:23AM
I know how I feel about the pharma sales teams. They come in and “educate” the doctor which meds to Rx to their patients. If I see a pharma guy or gal with a spinner suitcase in the waiting room, I know my scheduled appointment will be delayed and I will be gypped in time spent with my doctors.

Of course if the person with the spinner is wearing a Medtronic polo shirt, I’m on him like a tick sucking out any new info he has about pacemaker settings, questions and any knowledge I can squeeze out. They do educate the EPs on settings. My local EP would say he will leave it up to the expertise of the Medtronic techs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2023 06:26AM by susan.d.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login