Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PEMF Risks?

Posted by KenH 
PEMF Risks?
July 03, 2023 10:29AM
I was ablated by Dr Natale ten years ago today and haven't had any afib since then, I am scheduled to have some PEMF sessions to help detox some lead out of my body. Has anyone had any issues getting PEMF treatments and having it push them into afib. I am a little leary of any electro magnetic impulses around my calm heart.
Re: PEMF Risks?
July 03, 2023 10:39AM
Why do you have lead in your body?
July 03, 2023 11:30AM
That's the question I don't have an answer for, there are a couple of possibilities, I have done woodworking as a hobby for 30 years and possibly some of the stains and finishes contained lead, the next is I have eaten dark chocolate every day for years as well as a lot of sweet potatoes which both contain some lead. The third is I have been going to an indoor gun range for 7 months on and off and possibly inhaled lead while shooting. I guess 0 to 3.50 is exceptable but mine was 5.20.
July 03, 2023 02:33PM
The normal treatment for lead detox is chelation therapy, not PEMF. I don't even understand how that could work and I can't find any references online to using it for that purpose. There's one web site advertising it as a general detox but they don't mention lead, just the usual very general, sweeping claims found on sites that offer detox services and products.
July 03, 2023 03:21PM
Agree w Carey. The treatment for lead toxicity is chelation. Also you mentioned "some lead." Have you had a BLL (blood lead level) test done?
There are guidelines for even having chelation done. It requires a certain lead level esp in kids and in adults they are looking for associated symptoms. Are you symptomatic?

And lead poisoning tx. Step 1 is to find and eliminate the source.
July 03, 2023 04:44PM
My lead blood level is 5.2 which is considered high, I don't know if that is high enough for chelation. I still don't know the source, I live in a 8 year old house that wouldn't have any lead in it.
July 03, 2023 07:29PM
My bet would be the gun range. Indoor ranges are supposed to have negative pressure ventilation systems to remove toxic byproducts, but not all ranges are created equal.
Joe
July 03, 2023 07:33PM
Meantime you could try Zeolite and or Chlorella. No idea if it works to eliminate lead but it will do no harm as far as i know.

I know from a friend who used to work with chemical sprays which contained mercury in the north Queensland cane fields. His blood mercury levels were very high (don't remember the values) so i took chlorella regularly for a few months and had a retest which showed normal levels of mercury. His GP wondered and askes him what he was doing to get the levels down.
July 03, 2023 08:14PM
I will check it out. Thanks.
July 03, 2023 08:16PM
I stopped going to that gun range and started with a brand new one with proper ventilation and I am now wearing nose filters too.
July 03, 2023 11:17PM
KenH
I stopped going to that gun range and started with a brand new one with proper ventilation and I am now wearing nose filters too.

Good move. I would skip any sort of active treatments right now and just give it a few months and then have your lead levels retested. Lead isn't as dangerous for adults as it is for kids.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login