Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AI bot invasion on the forum

Posted by PavanPharter 
AI bot invasion on the forum
June 30, 2023 06:55AM
I've noticed a trend of posts that are being done by bots here in the forum. Carey has already scrubbed one bots posts and I've noticed two more this AM.

The bots are not putting up false information but typically a hodge podge of erroneous information that is novice in nature.

The signs of this are lack of personal info/perspective and often a repetition or summary of what's already widely known and/or in the thread or what one would surmise from combining several results from the first page of a Google search.

If you notice these kinds of posts please report them to Carey. If we don't defend the forum, it will be overrun by bots using AI and Chat GPT.

So as not to embarrass or point out any suspected bot post, I responded to this post in the same way the bots reply to posts here in the forum.

[www.afibbers.org]
Re: AI bot invasion on the forum
June 30, 2023 09:23AM
Great to see your alerts on the Bots increasing activity's on our forums, ParvanPharter!

It's a brave new world out there, and it's good to see us Afibbers keeping up with these incredibly fast changes in communications, and seeing folks (real live folks that is) helping out in mitigating erroneous postings as they are found, as we all get our feet wet in this new reality.

Cheers!
Shannon
June 30, 2023 09:38AM
I notified Carey of 2 more I found this AM.
June 30, 2023 10:06AM
Are the bots hijacking the accounts of known forum members or using new accounts? I’ve seen a few posts like that recently under the names of “new members.”
June 30, 2023 10:36AM
The ones I am seeing have been new accounts in last 2 weeks. The tell tale signs are lack of personal perspective and a reiteration of material that isn't really additive. Bots and AI don't seem to get nuance.
June 30, 2023 03:28PM
Daisy
Are the bots hijacking the accounts of known forum members or using new accounts? I’ve seen a few posts like that recently under the names of “new members.”

No, like Pavan said, they're all new accounts. They all signed up on 6/20 and 6/21, all use a gmail account, and all are posting from India. I just deleted three more, including the one you reported.

AI bots are going to be a huge headache in the near future. They're getting better fast, and soon it won't be easy or maybe even possible to distinguish them from real people. We may be forced to implement a new screening process for new members involving a video chat or something, but considering that we get 3-5 new members per day, that's going to be time consuming.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login