Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium Breakthrough supplement

Posted by Marco 
Magnesium Breakthrough supplement
June 29, 2023 05:34PM
I'd like to know what people think here of this Magnesium product. It combines 8 type of magnesium, have good review but it seems quiet expensive.

[www.amazon.com]

Is there any particular Mg supplement recommended in the forum?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2023 03:44PM by Marco.
Re: Magnesium Breakthrough supplement
June 30, 2023 06:54AM
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an actual response to Marco's post but I am using this as an example of what a bot/AI post might look like. When you see a post like this (but not this one) please report to Carry.

Low magnesium levels have been implicated as a risk factor for the development of atrial fibrillation (AF).1 However, like many interventions before it, supplementing magnesium levels does not necessarily lead to a successful cardioversion or better prevention of AF in high-risk groups. This issue is clinically important in view of the high burden that AF poses, the increasing incidence of AF, and the association of AF with adverse long-term clinical outcomes
June 30, 2023 01:58PM
PavanPharter
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an actual response to Marco's post but I am using this as an example of what a bot/AI post might look like. When you see a post like this (but not this one) please report to Carry.

Curious, as a Mod in another group, it would seem that going to the effort of having a bot post there would be some kind of commercial or nefarious motivation??? Have you seen this?
June 30, 2023 02:30PM
Marco
Is there any particular Mg supplement is recommended in the forum?

I think, like many things, it is individual. For me, any mag form works in sufficient quantity. Magnesium for me is and has been a key part of my remission strategy.

Here are some non-standard ideas. A number of years ago, the late Erling Waller (passed a few years ago at age ~91) and member Jackie developed a recipe for magnesium bicarbonate water, "Waller Water." This thread has a lot of info on magnesium bicarb, with Erling posting as Anonymous User.

In this thread, member GHG has info on his development of a magnesium acetate recipe and his experiences with it. He also has a Dropbox PDF on the topic here.

The mag bicarb is made by reacting magnesium hydroxide as plain (no additives) milk of magnesia with chilled carbonated water per the Waller Water recipe. Mag acetate is made by reacting magnesium hydroxide as plain (no additives) milk of magnesia with vinegar at about a 1:7 or 1:8 ratio (I use organic apple cider vinegar) per the info in the PDF. From GHG, I understand that the acetate will convert to bicarb in the body. For me, the acetate is less hassle and takes less time.

Erling said he put his afib in remission consuming the mag bicarb in diluted form as his drinking water.

You can use magnesium hydroxide powder as it is for the acetate. For the bicarb, you need to mix the bicarb powder with water to make your own milk of magnesia (MOM) first. Then add the MOM to the chilled carbonated water per the recipe. Otherwise you end up with a mini "volcano."
June 30, 2023 03:55PM
GeorgeN
Is there any particular Mg supplement is recommended in the forum?

I think, like many things, it is individual. For me, any mag form works in sufficient quantity. Magnesium for me is and has been a key part of my remission strategy.

Here are some non-standard ideas. A number of years ago, the late Erling Waller (passed a few years ago at age ~91) and member Jackie developed a recipe for magnesium bicarbonate water, "Waller Water." This thread has a lot of info on magnesium bicarb, with Erling posting as Anonymous User.

In this thread, member GHG has info on his development of a magnesium acetate recipe and his experiences with it. He also has a Dropbox PDF on the topic here.

The mag bicarb is made by reacting magnesium hydroxide as plain (no additives) milk of magnesia with chilled carbonated water per the Waller Water recipe. Mag acetate is made by reacting magnesium hydroxide as plain (no additives) milk of magnesia with vinegar at about a 1:7 or 1:8 ratio (I use organic apple cider vinegar) per the info in the PDF. From GHG, I understand that the acetate will convert to bicarb in the body. For me, the acetate is less hassle and takes less time.

Erling said he put his afib in remission consuming the mag bicarb in diluted form as his drinking water.

You can use magnesium hydroxide powder as it is for the acetate. For the bicarb, you need to mix the bicarb powder with water to make your own milk of magnesia (MOM) first. Then add the MOM to the chilled carbonated water per the recipe. Otherwise you end up with a mini "volcano."

thank you G, I will look into this. I'm currently looking into into Dr Carolyn Dean and her work with Magnesium, she is supposed to be the expert on it out there. According to her work, not to be deficient in Mg, someone would need to to be at least at the top range of Mg rbc test. With mine came back at 4.9 (deficient according to her) and yours slightly above range, you seem to have been doing a good job with supplementation.
June 30, 2023 04:36PM
Marco
thank you G, I will look into this. I'm currently looking into into Dr Carolyn Dean and her work with Magnesium, she is supposed to be the expert on it out there. According to her work, not to be deficient in Mg, someone would need to to be at least at the top range of Mg rbc test. With mine came back at 4.9 (deficient according to her) and yours slightly above range, you seem to have been doing a good job with supplementation.

I recall she wants 6.5 on RBC mag test.

I could never see what made the products she sells special. From what I could tell, her mag chloride water was just that (and expensive), don't know where the "nano" comes in. Also, I've read some of her products have been analyzed to have heavy metal contaminants.

Years ago, after getting my mag levels tested (as way below normal) with the intracellular Exa Test, I read a report (maybe 2006) where a guy fully repleted on said test from way below normal for mag using "magnesium oil" (supersaturated solution of magnesium chloride and water that feels oily) on his skin for a transdermal dose. I've done that but generally just take 3 tsp of the bitter tasting stuff orally (in addition to the glycinate and malate I also take), as it is less hassle.
June 30, 2023 05:21PM
GeorgeN

I recall she wants 6.5 on RBC mag test.

I could never see what made the products she sells special. From what I could tell, her mag chloride water was just that (and expensive), don't know where the "nano" comes in. Also, I've read some of her products have been analyzed to have heavy metal contaminants.

Years ago, after getting my mag levels tested (as way below normal) with the intracellular Exa Test, I read a report (maybe 2006) where a guy fully repleted on said test from way below normal for mag using "magnesium oil" (supersaturated solution of magnesium chloride and water that feels oily) on his skin for a transdermal dose. I've done that but generally just take 3 tsp of the bitter tasting stuff orally (in addition to the glycinate and malate I also take), as it is less hassle.

that's interesting, as I heard some "expert" explaining how the molecular weight of Mg makes it very hard for transdermal absorption. I have been using for years a Magnesium combo containing glycinate/malate as well. I'm going to check again Mg rbc, maybe thinking about intracellular minerals as well
July 03, 2023 09:18PM
I used Dr. Dean's Remag for about 18 months to bowel tolerance. My incidences of Afib decreased during that time, but my lead level went way up so I stopped. I tried the Bio Optimizer brand for a 3 months and it did not raise my RBC Mg level. We are all different. It may work for you. I am now trying out the Mg formula by Organixx brand. Time will tell. A "Float" session in a highly concentrated MgSO4 pod may be a good way to increase it. (Those are expensive though, a birthday present type of thing!) The highest RBC Mg test I ever had was six days after one of those. It went up to 6.2!! but it always goes back down. I seem to live 5.1 to 5.5 most of the time. I am trying to detox the lead and mercury from my body. When that's done, I'm hoping my body will hold on to Mg in the cells better!
July 04, 2023 03:59PM
LaniB
I used Dr. Dean's Remag for about 18 months to bowel tolerance. My incidences of Afib decreased during that time, but my lead level went way up so I stopped. I tried the Bio Optimizer brand for a 3 months and it did not raise my RBC Mg level. We are all different. It may work for you. I am now trying out the Mg formula by Organixx brand. Time will tell. A "Float" session in a highly concentrated MgSO4 pod may be a good way to increase it. (Those are expensive though, a birthday present type of thing!) The highest RBC Mg test I ever had was six days after one of those. It went up to 6.2!! but it always goes back down. I seem to live 5.1 to 5.5 most of the time. I am trying to detox the lead and mercury from my body. When that's done, I'm hoping my body will hold on to Mg in the cells better!

I heard about the metal contaminations on the Remag product, I believe by reading the amazon reviews of the product. The Organixx Mg product looks good as well, still a bit pricy. How much Mg daily from supplement are you trying to get? I'm using Innovix glycinate/malate during the day and at night Calm tea Mg, aiming for 800mg daily from supplements only. I didn't know Mg RBC status can chance that quicky. I always believe it would take months to increase it or decrease it
July 11, 2023 05:50AM
GeorgeN

Curious, as a Mod in another group, it would seem that going to the effort of having a bot post there would be some kind of commercial or nefarious motivation??? Have you seen this?

No - they just seemed to be testing this site. Carey deleted the 3 bots and I haven't seen anything since.

[www.afibbers.org]
July 11, 2023 10:03AM
PavanPharter
No - they just seemed to be testing this site. Carey deleted the 3 bots and I haven't seen anything since.

It kind of looked to me like it was some group testing their new bot and they chose this forum to use for testing it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login