Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recent Natale ablation & Flutter tachycardia

Posted by californiagal 
Recent Natale ablation & Flutter tachycardia
June 28, 2023 09:03PM
On May 30th, I had a first ablaiton in Austin with Dr. Natale. I have had a light case of a-fib since 2015, but it turned into more prevalent flutter last summer. My local cardiologist who's an EP but doesn't do ablations looked at the report and said Natale covered "a lot of ground" in my heart, so hopefully, it may be a 'one and done' ablation. Time will tell. My local cardiologist is familiar with Dr. Natale, having had training with him. He mentioned that Natale usually does more extensive work in his ablaitons, than many ablationists, but he can do this due to his expertise/skill level. (I'm just sharing was was said---am not aware if this is true, but know persoanlly, that I'm glad I took the effort to be worked on by Dr. Natale).
The experience at the Austin facility was first rate. Also the follow up where a 'nurse navigator' and nurse practioner monitor my weekly Kardia EKGs and follow up with any questions or symptoms I may have.
I had some light tachycardia after the ablaiton, so Austin staff placed me on Multaq. Then last weekend my heart fluttered to 167 bpm. After 24 hrs of this, I went to my local ER on Sunday morning and was sucessfully cardioverted. Then on Tuesday night the hight heart rate returned (168 bpm). I took some extra beta blocker med along with the Multaq after consulting with the local doctor-on-call. As I rested, waiting for the beta blocker to work, and noticing that it wasn't, I had the bright idea to try some magnesium. (I USED to take around 150 mg of mag daily, but around my ablation and afterwards, I've skimped on my daily supplements). I took 150 mg of TRAAC magnesium glycinate. After 20-30 minutes, I took another 100 mg of same. Things were feeling better, but my heart wasn't normal yet. So after another 20/30 minutes, I downed 50 mg of mag orotate. In a short time, my heart was beating aorund 70 bpm, with healthy, even spikes. Moreover, my body felt much better. This was such a dramatic turn-around. My heart has maintained this NSR today (the day after). I have a new appreciation for the power of magnesium.
I DID note that the glycinate form of magnesium makes me sleepier during the day than I'd like to be. Which is why I often take the orotate form. I have trouble with mag taurate becuase of the sulfer content, so if anyone recomends a mag that could be an alternative to the glycinate, I'd love to hear. Chloride, maybe?
Re: Recent Natale ablation & Flutter tachycardia
June 28, 2023 09:48PM
Thanks for posting this. We all learn so much from each other. Interesting about the magnesium. A member here, vanlith, recommended Magnesium in 3 forms Glycinate....Malate....Taurate taken all together—particularly for PACs but it would probably also apply to other arrhythmias.
June 28, 2023 09:50PM
californiagal
so if anyone recomends a mag that could be an alternative to the glycinate, I'd love to hear. Chloride, maybe?

For me, any mag works. I currently commonly take malate, glycinate & chloride. Citrate, acetate, bicarbonate also work (have to make the last two yourself from magnesium hydroxide - which is what is in milk of magnesia). For acetate, you react it with vinegar (I use organic apple cider vinegar) for bicarb, you react it with chilled bicarbonate water. If you are interested, I can direct you to recipes. For my chloride, I make "magnesium oil" by creating a water solution that is super saturated with mag chloride (I buy mag chloride in bulk - several 20 kg/44 # bags at a time). If any of this sounds interesting, I can provide more detail.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/2023 09:50PM by GeorgeN.
June 28, 2023 09:58PM
I have that form after Vanlith recommended it...and sometimes DO take it also....:>)
June 28, 2023 10:01PM
Thnaks George. I love your scientific mind, but might not avail myself of the homemade recipes quite yet. / I DID put some store-bought magnesium oil on my chest when the heart rate shot up. It burned my skin a bit, so took it off quickly. May try another form of the mag oil...as a topical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login