Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow Flutter

Posted by Methan99 
Slow Flutter
June 22, 2023 03:50PM
I'm not sure what to do.So after 3 years no issues for the past couple of weeks Slow Flutter started on and off for few hours a day.
The heart rate is in the 60s

Some history i had total of 5 ablations since 2006. Last three by Dr Natale march 2017.

Thanks
Mike
Re: Slow Flutter
June 22, 2023 05:24PM
I don't know if you would be so keen to read this. It's pretty readable if you take your time and reread frequently to get the brain wrapped around it. And, I would wait to see what a competent electrophysiologist has to say about your case before jumping onto this wagon. But, it might be illustrative for you:

[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
June 22, 2023 07:27PM
How do you know it's flutter?
June 22, 2023 10:01PM
I am measuring with my phone an the rate is even. I just feel the palpitations.

I'm thinking its time for another ablation. OR again i can live with this since im already on elaquis from my other ablations.

im just upset
June 22, 2023 11:15PM
I have had low rate Flutter many times, I don't get palpitations while in Flutter. It could just be palpitations even though your are in NSR with a steady heartbeat. I would get an EKG one way or another while this issue is presenting itself. Your Cardiologist will want an EKG if he was to treat for Flutter. Another option would be to some kind of professional monitor (Holter Monitor).
June 22, 2023 11:39PM
Being in a regular rate and feeling palpitations doesn't diagnose flutter. Not at all. I doubt it's flutter. You're probably just experiencing PACs.
June 27, 2023 04:33PM
Just had EKG and its flutter with HR 68. Lasted few hours.
Strange.
June 27, 2023 08:15PM
Strange but not unheard of.

What I'm curious about is why you even feel it. Flutter is almost always a regular rhythm, so at a rate of 68 it should be indistinguishable from a normal rhythm and shouldn't cause the sensation of palpitations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login