Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pulsed Field Ablation in Canada?

Posted by SamIAm 
Pulsed Field Ablation in Canada?
June 19, 2023 11:39AM
I'm wondering if anyone here knows if there are any electrophysiologists in Canada that are doing pulsed field ablation yet. Dr Atul Verma was doing it for a while, but looks like he has stopped working now...
Re: Pulsed Field Ablation in Canada?
June 19, 2023 01:44PM
There are several PFA trials in Canada that are currently recruiting.
June 19, 2023 02:15PM
Interesting, there is one option I could go for there, thank you.

I thought I had seen somewhere that it was already approved in Canada, but I'm not finding that now... I had though if so then there would be some electrophysiologists already doing it as part of their regular practice. But perhaps I was mistaken...
June 19, 2023 07:23PM
Canadian health authorities piggy-back on the American lead in medicine just as the Government and Military structure and policies piggy-back on the Americans' versions. IOW, conveniently after all the heavy lifting has been done by our cousins down south, we'll endorse X procedure and YH and Z drugs or vaccines as soon as the FDA or CDC announce their policies on the subjects. Since the PFA trials are still underway in the USA, they're between six weeks and six months behind in determinations here.
June 19, 2023 07:27PM
There are acceptions though, like the pfizer vaccine I think...
I'm surprised Europe is ahead on so much stuff because it seems like they are more conservative on so many things...
June 19, 2023 07:52PM
I just received the Globe pulsed field ablation from Kardium in NYCv a couple of weeks ago. It's on the list that Carey sent. It is said to be a very good system.
June 19, 2023 09:33PM
That's great. Did you contact them to get into the trial? Given it was a trial, were they strict about just doing the PVI with PFA and nothing else, or were they thorough, for instance looking for other sources of PACs etc.? I'm thinking about maybe getting in touch with one of the trials, would want them to address flutter too at the same time if possible, but I might not meet the drug refractory criteria for the trial...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2023 09:59PM by SamIAm.
June 27, 2023 09:09PM
You can get one in the UK now for between 14-20K. Also in France.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login