Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can Eliquis make you FEEL bad?

Posted by tobherd 
Can Eliquis make you FEEL bad?
June 18, 2023 10:53PM
Hello all and Happy Father's day eve for all the dads on here ~

I have a friend who just started taking Eliquis the other day, and told me he feels "terrible" and wants to get off of it. It had only been one day since he started!

Pat noticed Afib on his watch while at the gym, and then went to see his Cardiologist, who gave him a 30 day monitor. He had Afib 79 times, according to his doctor. He had been on a daily aspirin for years, as he had a blood clot in his eye (I believe he said), awhile back. They switched him to Eliquis and he complained to me that he felt really tired and didn't feel like doing anything. "I feel lousy!" I suggested that maybe he had a "bug" or that he was feeling that way because he didn't want to be on it.

I've never noticed feeling anything while being on Eliquis, so I'm writing to see if it's possible that it can make you feel poorly.

Thanks ~ Barb
Ken
Re: Can Eliquis make you FEEL bad?
June 19, 2023 07:51AM
No afib now after my second ablation, but I have been on Eliquis for 5 months (2xday) for an unexplained pulmonary embolism (now apparently abated). I go off it in one more month. I have never noticed anything different while taking Eliquis.
June 19, 2023 08:19AM
I haven't noticed anything different either, and I've been on Eliquis for quite a few years now.

thanks for your reply, Ken

Barb
June 19, 2023 08:32AM
tobherd
They switched him to Eliquis and he complained to me that he felt really tired and didn't feel like doing anything. "I feel lousy!"

"Tiredness wasn’t reported in clinical studies of Eliquis. However, tiredness can be a symptom of blood loss or anemia, which are possible side effects of Eliquis.

If you have tiredness while taking Eliquis, talk with your doctor. They may check you for any symptoms of internal bleeding. "

Source: [www.medicalnewstoday.com]
June 19, 2023 10:36AM
One thing I noticed after being switched from 5 mg x 2 to 2.5 mg x 2 after getting a Watchman. is less joint discomfort. Joint pain does show up in some of the lists of possible Eliquis site-effects.
June 19, 2023 11:06AM
I would suspect there's another cause. Eliquis doesn't have that kind of effect on anyone I've ever heard from, and it certainly doesn't for me. I can't even tell I'm taking anything, no effects whatsoever except that cuts bleed a little longer.
June 19, 2023 11:32AM
There might still be anemia at play, but not the cause of apixaban after only a day of initial usage.
June 19, 2023 11:10PM
Thanks everyone. I didn't think it had any noticeable side effects, and like mentioned above, he was only on Eliquis for one day, so anemia wouldn't make sense. As it turned out, he felt better when i saw him today, so I'm suspecting that he was just uncomfortable taking something new/different and had some people scaring him with stories of brain bleeds, horror stories if you fall while on Eliquis, etc.

I appreciate all of your replies. Happy Monday! ~ Barb
June 20, 2023 04:57AM
Daisy
One thing I noticed after being switched from 5 mg x 2 to 2.5 mg x 2 after getting a Watchman. is less joint discomfort. Joint pain does show up in some of the lists of possible Eliquis site-effects.

Yes, I had joint pain in my knees every time I took Eliquis, Pradaxa or Zarelto. I took these drugs at least a dozen times for 2-4 weeks, then got off of them, and my pain went away. It was like they made my Arthritis 3-4 times as bad.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login