Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do Ablations generally fix PAC's as well?

Posted by Johnnyk80 
Do Ablations generally fix PAC's as well?
May 29, 2023 09:55PM
Getting an ablation next week. I was wondering if an afib ablation will also fix PAC's? I was told by my first EP That it will address PACS but not PVC's. What is the insights and consensus from the forum?

John
Re: Do Ablations generally fix PAC's as well?
May 29, 2023 11:28PM
It may or may not. For some people it completely eliminates them, for others it does little, but for most it will at least improve them. I think a lot of people go into ablations not knowing they even have PACs because their PACs always lead immediately to afib, so when they come out of the ablation suddenly they've got PACs that they notice. So it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to them when in fact it actually is.
May 30, 2023 02:20PM
You mention both PACs and PVCs. ??? And Carey is correct, it may, it may not. In my case, I was ablated a first time, but subsequent Holter showed..'a LOT of PACs.' Then, my AF came back with a vengeance.

The medical community isn't terribly worried about a small/moderate burden of PACs. When they become highly intrusive, and QOL drops significantly, and if the burden approaches 8-10%, they will probably, not certainly, offer you a touch-up or different approach to get their numbers down to a more tolerable range.
May 31, 2023 02:26PM
Carey
It may or may not. For some people it completely eliminates them, for others it does little, but for most it will at least improve them. I think a lot of people go into ablations not knowing they even have PACs because their PACs always lead immediately to afib, so when they come out of the ablation suddenly they've got PACs that they notice. So it doesn't seem like much of an improvement to them when in fact it actually is.
I agree. Just my case, indeed.
June 06, 2023 04:58PM
Hi John, wish you a successful ablation! Send us an update when you can smiling smiley
June 30, 2023 10:24AM
A recent consult with an EP told me that depending on location of these extra beats, particularly if multi focal, not all may be eliminated, but enough can be addressed to hopefully decrease the burden and can be managed by medication if needed. His perspective was if the burden is in the hundreds a day, not thousands, some type of management is indicated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login