Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Flecainide and Tinnitus

Posted by andreas22 
Flecainide and Tinnitus
May 12, 2023 02:51AM
Hello everyone, 42 male with paroxysmal Afib here, on Flecainide since 4 months. I had absolutely no side effects so far but now I have a tinnitus since over a week. Anybody has any experience with this? It does state that as a rare side effect but I'm surprised this comes now after 4 months of taking the drug.
Re: Flecainide and Tinnitus
May 12, 2023 01:38PM
It could be the post hoc problem. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. 'After this, therefore because of this.' So many people develop tinnitus that any one person stands a great chance of developing it just after their first meal of sockeye salmon, or after their first bungee jump. But attributing the cause is much more difficult. The real cause.
May 13, 2023 08:21PM
Hello Andreas,

I have mild pulsatile tinnitus. Normally it doesn't bother me. I can't report experience with Flecainide, but when I take Diltiazem for more than a few days, it makes my tinnitus worse and my ears very sensitive to loud or sharp sounds.

The American Tinnitus Association in 2013 published a list "Prescription Medications, Over-the-Counter Drugs, Herbs & Chemicals Associated with Tinnitus." Flecainide is listed thereon, as is Diltiazem.

Whether or not that speaks to your individual situation, I can't say.

All best wishes in dealing with this.

Lance
May 16, 2023 06:51AM
Might be dose dependent. You did not mention the dose.
May 17, 2023 08:39AM
I am on dofetilide and diltiazem and have tinnitus. I played in loud rock bands for 30 years. Maybe we really were too loud! At least that's what everyone always said. I think I'll just blame my meds... cool smiley
May 17, 2023 11:10AM
I have had mild tinnitus for year. I started of my professional career in battle tanks firing live rounds on both the coax and the main armament. High explosive squash head (HESH) and Armour Piercing Discarding Sabot penetrators (APDS), the latter with a lot of energy and very loud concussion and bang when it left the barrel. Nothing much has changed since taking beta blocker and the one anti-arrhythmic, amiodarone.
March 13, 2024 11:36AM
I hi did you notice that playing music would tend to cause your heart to go out of rhythm.... For me now and that is so disappointing... Flecainide is failing me and I was thinking of getting on tikosyn to hold me over until I either got a mini maze... Or something else... Did tickosyn. Cause you any GI or stomach problems... Flecainide has done me well for a long time with little side effects... Just need a bridge to get me to the final solution... Thank you
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login