Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Magnesium supplements

Posted by Sunshine13 
Magnesium supplements
May 03, 2023 07:24AM
Hi everyone , Searching into a good magnesium supplement to help possibly with a fib. Any recommendations greatly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Magnesium supplements
May 03, 2023 08:23AM
My EP wanted me to take Mag-Tab SR. The supplement is sustained release. I buy it direct from the company Healthwarehouse.com
When I started to take it I had to buy direct and still do. I could not find it on Amazon. Also, because it comes from the company the shipping does take a few days before you get it.

Mag-Tab SR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2023 08:29AM by JakeS.
May 03, 2023 01:50PM
Any reputable drug store will sell quantities of magnesium bis-glycinate or malate, or taurate, or cirtrate....and others. They're just magnesium salts. I think that the citrate or bis-glycinate varieties are most common and easily tolerated in moderate quantities, although it varies from person-to-person.
May 03, 2023 02:49PM
I’m a fan of this brand:
[www.amazon.com]

It gives me no GI issues and I can take it without food.
May 03, 2023 06:28PM
Susan - good choice. The Albion magnesium bisglycinate has an excellent reputation for quality assurance and efficacy.
I've used the Albion/TRAACS magnesium bisglycinate for years (from another source).... starting back when my AF events began in '95....

Each capsule is 150 mg Magnesium bisglycinate and I typically take 3 a day - divided doses... and sometimes, one
at bedtime. I know my diet didn't provide that amount of magnesium and I know I benefit from the calming effects not only on my heart but other muscles as well.

Jackie
May 07, 2023 02:42AM
Jake, your sustained release Mag is: Elemental Magnesium L-Lactate Dihydrate. (When I googled this I see that Walmart also offers it).
I'm steering away from Magnesium Glycinates sinc recent functional medicine testing showed my body glycine levels are high. Do you do well on the Mag Tab SR? Any 'untoward' side effects?
May 07, 2023 10:24AM
I have had no side effects.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login