Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breathing leads to afib and flutter! No really....

Posted by PavanPharter 
Breathing leads to afib and flutter! No really....
May 01, 2023 07:06AM
Just like George Carlin joked that saliva causes stomach cancer but only when swallowed in small amounts over a long period of time here we have breathing leading to afib.

Exposure to air pollution can damage the heart within hours, according to a new study.

It can cause an irregular heartbeat straight away and is linked with cardiac arrhythmia, common symptoms of which include atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.

Researchers at Fuan University in Shanghai studied data from 2,205 hospitals in 322 Chinese cities, a nation where air pollution is well above the World Health Organization's guidelines.

The team evaluated whether exposure to air pollution every hour led to a sudden onset of arrhythmia symptoms, and discovered the greater the exposure the stronger the link between the disorder.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

More depressing news... dirty air leads to depression.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
Re: Breathing leads to afib and flutter! No really....
May 01, 2023 11:25AM
Makes sense. Affects your lungs so one’s heart can get affected too.
May 01, 2023 11:38AM
Yes as pulmonary veins are where the abnormal electrical signals that cause Afib usually begin.
May 01, 2023 12:33PM
Yuxi
Yes as pulmonary veins are where the abnormal electrical signals that cause Afib usually begin.
My PVs got enlarged during covid and my afib marathon began full force. Thanks Pavan for the post.
May 01, 2023 04:43PM
I live near a small town in Michigan on 5 acres, air/water is pretty clean, I am in permanent AF. You can blame the air, food all kinds of things, yet people living near you may not have AF. There are some things that really do cause AF, for me it was hyper thyroid and genetics, that is pretty definite.
May 01, 2023 06:20PM
I wonder if NO2 may affect sleep breathing too. I have noticed that my sleep breathing is generally better on days when I don't drive in traffic. (I bought a machine to monitor my sleep vitals.) Someone should do a study.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login