Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vein of Marshall alcohol ablation

Posted by triplea 
Vein of Marshall alcohol ablation
April 19, 2023 03:18PM
Has anyone had or heard of "vein of marshall alcohol ablation" procedure. This was mentioned by my EP for followup for atrial tachycardia after an ablation..
Re: Vein of Marshall alcohol ablation
April 19, 2023 04:06PM
It's usually effective and generally safe, but it doesn't seem to be a common approach.

triplea
This was mentioned by my EP for followup for atrial tachycardia after an ablation..

I don't understand what you're saying here. Are you saying he's going to do an ablation and then do a second ethanol ablation after that? Or you've already had an ablation that left you with atrial tachycardia and he proposes this to fix it?
April 19, 2023 04:29PM
I previously had an ablation {Dec 2022} but after ablation, I had 2 episodes of atrial tachycardia that required cardioversion.
The possibility of a Vein of Marshall ablation was mentioned in a recent office visit.
April 19, 2023 04:54PM
When did the episodes occur?
April 19, 2023 05:01PM
First episode occurred on Jan 5 {attributed to banking period; started 40mg sotalol 2x/day}, second episode was April 10.
April 19, 2023 08:24PM
The January episode means nothing but the April 10 episode does. Were you off the sotalol by April 10? If not, are you off it now? If I were you, I would give it some time off the sotalol to see how it goes. I wouldn't rush into another procedure. While you're on the sotalol you can't know if the ablation was successful or not.
April 19, 2023 09:59PM
I was not on any meds before the January episode. I started the sotalol after the January conversion.. Dosage was upped to 80mg 2x/day after April 10 conversion. EP is concerned that this may result in a too low HR but I'll monitor daily.
I had asked what options were available if this happens again. The response was maybe a change in medication. I had stated that I got the ablation so I wouldn't need medication. This is when he mentioned we might look at a possible vein of marshall ablation down the road. Like you, he said it's too early to talk about another procedure.
I had never heard of VOM ablation, hence the question.
April 19, 2023 10:18PM
Scroll to 1:20 ... further on note Jais' method - never isolates the LAA
[www.youtube.com]

Scroll to 7:00
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2023 10:37PM by skinman.
April 20, 2023 12:28AM
skinman
Scroll to 1:20 ... further on note Jais' method - never isolates the LAA
[www.youtube.com]

Scroll to 7:00
[www.youtube.com]

Saying "never isolate the LAA" is a bit of a dated statement, or at least one not in agreement with the current forefront of afib treatment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login