Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Eliquis- insomnia?
March 19, 2023 10:23AM
I stopped Eliquis for a few days for a procedure (doctor directed.). I was off it 5 days (before and after). I have struggled with insomnia for years but it has gotten worse in the past year it seems. menopause could contribute plus stress. But it was wild- I slept pretty decent when off the eliquis and when I went back on- BAM! its almost like it is giving me energy which would be great except im tried and lying in bed with my eyes wide open 3 hours later. I am trying hard not to take Xanax to sleep since that isn't optimal either. I did some googling and it showed it is a side effect that some get (1-10% of the people). Wondering here what people have found or experienced. I have been on Eliquis a year or so. I was on Xeralto before that. (Long story on the switch but I prefer eliquis ). I'm not going to just go off Eliquis- but trying to figure this out and wondering.
Re: Eliquis- insomnia?
March 20, 2023 08:37PM
Not with eliquis but it happened immediately for me after starting flecainide. I still can’t sleep so I had too thought maybe eliquis is contributing. However, I stopped Eliquis for 5 days and I still had insomnia.
March 21, 2023 09:52AM
I had difficulty falling asleep when started daily Flecainide 2 weeks ago. Week 1 took me several hours to fall asleep. It seems better this week, I hope it's just temporary effect. I take magnesium Glycinate before bed to help sleep.
Ken
March 21, 2023 10:51AM
I have taken both and there was / is no impact with sleeping. I always get 8+ hours every night. Lots of physical activity helps with sleep.
March 21, 2023 07:32PM
thanks all. appreciate the feedback.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login