Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AF increase

Posted by anneh 
AF increase
January 22, 2023 08:47PM
I have had AF for about 12yrs since a stupid dr overdosed my thyroid meds. I usually have just a few episodes a year but in 2021 had a several episodes during a couple months but went back to not having any for quite a few months. This last year I didn't have any for 5mths but then had short episodes about once a month June-Sept and then rang the new year in with an episode. I was shattered this morning to wake up feeling strange, took my pulse and realized I was in AF (pulse 80's)which lasted until around noon. I am on Eliquis 2.5mgs bid and 25mgs Metoprolol ER at bedtime. I am disappointed as I am planning on having a surgery done some time in the spring/summer and was hoping to be AF free for several months. When I go into AF I take Metoprolol Tartrate 25mgs. Daily I take CoQ10/magnesium/taurine/D-ribose/hawthorn along with other vitamins daily. I am 85yo and otherwise slim and healthy and agile and plant based diet. Now I am scared that its going to get worse, can someone tell me they have had frequent episodes like this and they subsided or am I destined for it to get worse?
Re: AF increase
January 22, 2023 11:19PM
You're not destined to get worse, but there's no way for anyone to predict what it will do. Might get better. Who knows?

There's no reason to think that the afib will prevent your surgery from happening no matter what it does. Afib is rarely a show stopper for surgery; the surgeon just needs to know in advance that you have afib. So your cardiologist and your surgeon need to be talking well before the procedure date. Make sure they're communicating and you'll be fine.
Re: AF increase
January 24, 2023 08:52PM
as always, thnx so much for your encouraging words smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login