Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Gupta? Vitamin C?

Posted by LaDonna 
Dr. Gupta? Vitamin C?
December 11, 2022 11:50AM
Morning folks! So for todays inquirey... (drum roll.......) Vitamin C!!! In my searching for ways to help and heal my body, or at the very least coopoerate with getting better, I found this video by I bleieve a UK cardiologiest named Dr. Gupta talking about the potential help of Vit C in post operative patients and afib reduction. Also he touches on the possability that antioxidents aka vit c could help potentially with reduction of afib espisodes? Anyone else heard, this, seen this video, tried this or success with vit c and how much do you take? Thanks! might have to go get em some vit C today.
Re: Dr. Gupta? Vitamin C?
December 11, 2022 02:07PM
Liposomal vitamins C seems to help stop ectopics for me.
December 11, 2022 03:16PM
If your diet is poor, then spending money on ways to make sewage water more expensive is a great idea. Mind you, I'd just spend that difference on getting real food and preparing it at home.

Processed foods are corruptions that require one to supplement. But, they have great taste!

Bell peppers, any citrus, most leafy greens, root vegetables, tomatoes, these should all be in one's diet at least every other day, and not provided in a box or in a can or in a foil tray with the remote close-by.

If you must take vitamin C, especially if a learned professional counsels you to do so as a supplement, then take the chewable with Zinc. Jeamieson brand has them, among others. You want zinc, and magnesium, about as much as you need vitamin C.

And yes, Dr. Gupta is correct about the importance of vitamin C. It is an antioxidant. Many times more powerful, though, it melatonin. Melatonin is off the charts in terms of its anti-free-radical abilities. It unfortunately has a strong soporific effect that one should refrain from acquiring except at bedtime.
December 11, 2022 03:54PM
I tried Melatonin for sleep and it kept me awake, tried it for 2 nights. Jackie has an article in the Health section where in some people it can keep you awake. She tried just a very small amount and that worked for her in getting to sleep.
December 11, 2022 04:18PM
As mentioned in several previous posts... the benefits of liposomal form of vitamin C are discussed in the book by
Thomas E. Levy, MD, JD... Curing the Incurable
[www.liposomal-vitaminc.com]

My experience with Lipo C is extremely positive and I would not want to be without a supply for immediate use should I develop symptoms.

Jackie
December 12, 2022 12:04AM
Elizabeth, I have learned only recently about the correct dosage of melatonin. For some reason, it is available OTC in dosages about twice or three times what the research suggests is optimal. For most people, a paltry 3 mg is all they should take. I wouldn't be surprised if your apparent sensitivity to it indicates you could try half that once or twice to see how it goes for you.
December 12, 2022 02:17PM
Here's another commentary about melatonin dosing... just FYI....
[nutritionfacts.org]

I've backed off on taking the .05 mg. melatonin nightly since my sleep improved.

The nightly, bedtime dose of magnesium I take is in the threonate form. Throughout the day,
I take magnesium bisglycinate. To that, if I feel 'unsettled' at bedtime, I use a chewable tablet of
PharmaGaba (Natural Factors) about 20 minutes before bed.

You just have to experiment with forms and dosages. I'm mainly interested in taking
enough magnesium daily so my heart remains calm... and since the last flutter ablation in 2015,
thanks to Dr. Natale, it has.

Jackie
December 16, 2022 05:58PM
I just read that article about Lipo vitamin C and would like to purchase some. Does anyone have any brand or companies they can recommend Thank you in advance.
December 16, 2022 09:49PM
Check this one... [www.liposomal-vitaminc.com]
I've been using this by LivOn Labs for a long time. Just be forewarned that it does not taste great...
Order directly from LivOn Labs [www.livonlabs.com]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login