Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Amazon is undercutting pharmacies

Posted by susan.d 
Amazon is undercutting pharmacies
October 18, 2022 06:28PM
Out of curiosity I checked Amazon’s pharmacy to check sotalol.

3 months supply of three 80mg a day (270 pills) costs $45 and two day shipping. It maybe a cash price or perhaps not. I wonder where they get it from? China? Good expiration?
Re: Amazon is undercutting pharmacies
October 18, 2022 10:11PM
Susan, did you check Mark Cuban’s Cost Plus Drugs? I think it might be cheaper. But then, who is the manufacturer, expiration date, etc?
October 19, 2022 02:26AM
Blink wasn’t much off. $48 for 3 months. For me it’s a tempting idea when I go abroad and need drugs to stock up. This biggest hospital I’m at couldn’t order Cardizem for me so luckily when I left by ambulance I grabbed my own. My sotalol (theirs looks weird so I take my own), Eliquis (they use generic) I brough too. I figured they would have Prilosec (brand) because it’s sold by Teva pharmaceuticals down the street. Nope, they use a generic so I brought my own by chance. The only drug I left in the rush of calling for the ambulance was Crestor. They don’t offer it at all. It’s not in their drug basket.

Sopa-K liquid is a treasure they give me. It’s a sensitive to the stomach slow release potassium. It’s liquid but they sell a capsule as well by T. Slow K but their website states not to take if one has a history of GI bleed. Sopa-K gave me zero pain. It’s an intense K treatment in which more is absorbed quickly. With daily Lasix my K dropped to 3.2. Now 3 days later it’s 3.9. The internist assigned thinks I’m in range now and halved my dosage but both of my cardiologists want my k to range between 4-4.5. The EP at 4.5 to remind in nsr. They sell it here with a Russian label. I hope I can buy some at a pharmacy but I doubt it. I couldn’t get it last month at a different city because of liability of being a tourist without follow up labs and doctors.
October 28, 2022 05:40AM
My experience is that Amazon doesn't let you choose your favorite brand. They just send something randomly.

They used to let you choose, but something changed. They don't seem to care about customer satisfaction anymore.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login