Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bivalent booster after Sept.29 procedure

Posted by Pixie 
Bivalent booster after Sept.29 procedure
October 18, 2022 12:36AM
On September 29, I had a PVAI radio frequency procedure that took only 12 minutes and a Watchman implanted. So far, all is going well. I was unable to get the Covid bivalent booster prior to this procedure because the Moderna booster was not available in my area. Prior to the procedure, I asked my EP how long I had to wait to get the flu shot and booster after my procedure(s). He said 2 months, but he recommended that I get a Covid antibody test to see what that showed. My second Covid booster was July 8, 2022. His NP told me this would be a difficult decision for me to make.

To date, I have not had the antibody testing. Prior to my discharge I once again asked about the two vaccines. I was told to wait 2 months for the flu shot and told “No” to the bivalent saying he has seen infections from it. He said if I got Covid, Paxlovid was an option for me because I would be on 1/2 Eliquis twice daily and that would not be an issue. To date, I will need direction for the Diltiazem, but I know half a dose of that twice daily with monitoring is the recommendation.

I was surprised about the answer I received about the bivalent booster and I know that had I asked the APNP, I would have received a different answer. I am trying to eliminate as much anxiety as I can, but the thought of getting Covid weighs on my mind. I have been so cautious the last few years, but this new variant appears to be something else!
I will be getting the antibody test once that is ordered by my PCP and then will be sharing the result with my EP. Maybe he will have a different opinion. He is so respected that I have always taken his advice without needing to question it. This issue, though, is a little different for me.

I am wondering is anyone in this group has had a recent ablation and is asking about the booster. I would be interested in hearing what advice you are getting.
Re: Bivalent booster after Sept.29 procedure
October 18, 2022 11:11AM
I was eligible to receive my bivalent booster when I got my flu shot last week. The app and its service invited me to book a flu vaccine, and I could tick a box saying I wanted the booster at the same time (this is in British Columbia). I had understood that it was supposed to be closer to six months, so when I was rolling up my sleeve the next day, I mentioned this dichotomy. The nurse/technician pointed out that the very best reactivity for the immune system is after about six months, but people can request and receive it after three months. I thought about it briefly and decided to postpone my own boost, now only three months since the July third booster.

If you were boosted within the past four months, I wouldn't worry. Just use sensible hygienic practices when in public as per normal, and then get the booster in a couple of months when you can be assured your system will react to it more strongly...which is precisely what you need.
October 18, 2022 11:28AM
Gloaming, thank you for replying to the two posts I created yesterday.
October 18, 2022 01:17PM
I wished I had the 4th moderna instead of one booster. I probably wouldn’t be still stuck in a hospital and had it mild like my family who had all 4. I came down with covid 8-17 after staying home since 2-20. I caught it in days. Now I’m told I have to wait a while before I get #4.
October 18, 2022 02:58PM
Ablation on 6/9 and Bivalent booster and flu vaccines 3 months later on 9/7; never asked beforehand. Experienced no affects other than sore arm for a few days.
October 18, 2022 06:00PM
SailorGuy1
Ablation on 6/9 and Bivalent booster and flu vaccines 3 months later on 9/7; never asked beforehand. Experienced no affects other than sore arm for a few days.

Thanks for the response, I wish I had not asked about it.
October 23, 2022 04:28AM
I would ask your EP to clarify or expand on his previous answer. Your already dealing with the normal post-ablation inflammation for a period of time. The Vaccines are known for risk of causing inflammation (myocarditis). If you waited several months, you would still get the of anti-body boost, just that the window of protection would be pushed out in time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login